• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Received the Golden Gate / Gladiator in Mail today.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Plat

Registered
Good news. I recieved it today and it was indeed the Gladiator, well it looked identical, felt the same. the finish on the bottom wasn't quite the same as the one on the OCZ but that could just have been this batch. i'll probably lap it later when i get around to it.

the 27 cfm fan is wow, nice. quiet. they have it sucking out instead of blowing down. i'm probably gonna put a hole in side of my case where i can draw air straight from outside and send it directly to hs so i'll probably change direction of hs fan.

anyway, i'm happy.

me too! i'm thrilled with mine just from admiring it. haven't put it on the comp yet, but that'll come after i post this. just wanted to let the rest of you know this is the real deal and this can be had for such a great price. stock up now!

Plat (Jul 05, 2001 12:48 p.m.):

the 27 cfm fan is wow, nice. quiet. they have it sucking out instead of blowing down. i'm probably gonna put a hole in side of my case where i can draw air straight from outside and send it directly to hs so i'll probably change direction of hs fan.

I just received mine also. I'm impressed with both the service and the heatsink. Plat, you better take a second look at the air direction. I held my hand over the fan and also thought the air was up but not much air but that is only because it is not blowing up. If you put a piece of paper over the top of the fan you will see it is blowing down and out the sides. The pc cooling label on the fan is showing out.
With a coolmaster on my unit I can't wait to get some relief from these 50C + temps.

man mine isn't here yet :( do you really need to lap the bottom? I guess I will just have to wait and see.

well

i haven't lapped it yet and i'm getting good temps. in the 47-49 celsius range for 1.0 ghz @1.2 ghz. not bad considering that's what i was gettin w/ my WBK38 w/ the delta and the SK6 w/ delta didn't do a lot better.

eventually i'm going to try and oc this think back to 1.33 which is max i'm able to get out of it.

Here's an idea tho, i'm going to pvc the hs to the side of my case, cut a hole it it and put a 92mm fan in the hole to blow air directly from the outside of case to my hs. probably won't do it right away tho. sounds like a project no?

your right it may be blowing down.

Got mine today too, very nice service. I ordered tuesday and it was sitting on the kitchen counter when I got home from work today. The bottom definately needs to be lapped but I probably would have done that anyway.

I got mine today aswell, very impressed with the websight and, im happy with the heatsink to. I got the delta on it, but with my new baybus i can run it at 7v and get better temps than with my fop32.

Hey sounds good. I just ordered one a few minutes ago for my brothers duron system. He is running his 600@950 1.85v with a chrome orb and no case cooling. I want to get him up to a gig and I bet the Golden Gate will do the trick along with 2 case fans.

I was wondering if someone could get another one (w/delta fan) and ship it to australia for me. Ill international money ordar pay for it. I dont like their policy for international orders, sorry

icq me: 26477175, email: [email protected]

Im after a replacement for my FOP32-1 and this seems good. Charge a middleman fee if you want to, im after the heatsink!

Is that one of the Gold Plated ones?
If so i got one cooling me tbird @ 1460 ( KT7 Motherboatd maxed out)
It geos 43-51C this depends on room temp and load, at the moment its like 27C room temp, too hot for me.
BTW I stuck on one of the Black label Fans, there Noisy! BUT YOU GET USED TO IT AFTER A WHILE.

Sohryu Asuka Langley (Jul 06, 2001 03:35 a.m.):
I was wondering if someone could get another one (w/delta fan) and ship it to australia for me. Ill international money ordar pay for it. I dont like their policy for international orders, sorry

icq me: 26477175, email: [email protected]

Im after a replacement for my FOP32-1 and this seems good. Charge a middleman fee if you want to, im after the heatsink!
Yeah sure why not I just ordered an Alpha pal6035 on 7/2 and came on 7/5 I wanted an excuse to order the Gladiator and this pushes me over the edge ;-) the only question is how much international shipping is?

AIM me @ stompah77 or email me

stompah Let me know if nobody has already agreed to it.

ya.

i already agreed and ordered one :).

gotta get up early in the morning. :)

Hi guys,

does anybody know if they ship international or only to the US?????
I live in Germany and would like to order 3 Gladiators for me and my friends because this cooler is not available in Germany.

I was wondering what the diffrences were between the golden gate sh with the high cfm and the one with the low cfm, how big a diffrence does it make in temps and in noise.

fd

Well, I couldn't say for sure since I haven't used mine yet, but I would say that the gladiator would benifit more from a higher cfm fan than most HS' would. With such thin fins placed so closely together the more air you can force down between them the better. From what I've read it's a great cooler with the lower cfm fan and with the delta I would imagine it would be even better. I bought mine with the Delta, it's loud but you get used to it. If you don't like the noise it'll work great with the other fan.

So it would be better to "suck" with a 38cfm delta fan?

MSI K7T Turbo-R ver.1.0b16
AMD 1gig Tbird @ 1190 axia01*****W Y611*****2
384mb cl.2 133 Crucial
2 Maxtor 7200rpm/100 striped
Radeon 64 ver.7089 "Raid-On" tweaker
Golden Gate, Delta 38cpm
SBLive mp3 5.1
Soho Ethernet card
Win 98se

I really wish I had an idea in my head of how loud it will be, oh well i'll deal with it.

OnDborder (Jul 06, 2001 03:35 p.m.):
So it would be better to "suck" with a 38cfm delta fan?

I have heard that you get coolest temps with the fan blowing air down over the hs and cpu, I would be willing to bet that the air that is pulled into the fan this way is just a little cooler than the air coming off the hot mobo if the fan were to be placed so that it was sucking air through the hs.

just a guess.

fd

ondborder

this is really something you just have to suck and be a man about. try it yourself. eveyone has different results with this. i personally had my best results pulling air off the HS, but that was when i had a blowhole on top of my case etc, now the airflow in my case is different and i seem to do better blowing air over the HS.

experiment, that's what OC'ing is all about and you are in the OC'ing forum right?

Back