• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Would You Mod This Case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wile E. Coyote0

Registered
I've got it build and working, now to mod it out. What would you do to it? Anything goes....

Click image to see more:

EDIT:
If the moderators of this forum don't mind. I'm gonna make this a contest.
A brand new Game Theater XP 6.1 to the winning consept for this case mod.
Details Here

Last edited:
Hmm

I'd put some fans in the front (like maybe 120's.. and cut some suckholes for them through the grill.. 4 inch bass ports mount in there nicely for suckholes.. also 4 inch PVC pipe works too...

As for that black thing up top--I'd pop an LCD in there. (The thing in the top left)

I'd run dual blue sound-activated CC's to each side of the cabinet, and mount them on the actual doors themselves.

I'd also like to see more pictures of the inside, sides, and whatnot. This is a cool case! What will you be using it for?

pengO said:
As for that black thing up top--I'd pop an LCD in there. (The thing in the top left)

I'd run dual blue sound-activated CC's to each side of the cabinet, and mount them on the actual doors themselves.

I'd also like to see more pictures of the inside, sides, and whatnot. This is a cool case! What will you be using it for?

Did you click on the image above? It will take you to more pics.
I like the blue CC idea, I coulds mount them inside the doors and have the light show through.

That combination of case badges at the top is rather confusing.

I'd recommend painting it black. I don't know how to make a mirror finish, but a matte finish looks great and takes a lot less time. Krylon Rust-Tough enamel (flat type) looks great, is cheap, and isn't easy to chip. If you're still concerned, wait for the paint to dry, clean it with a wet cloth, and then cover it with a coat of clear engine enamel. The enamel takes a lot longer to dry, be forewarned. You'll get a nice shiny finish for a relatively small amount of work.

I'd also recommend lighting for both halves of the case. You could highlight the contrast between them by lighting the AMD with one color (green?) and the Intel with another (blue?).

Top blowholes for both sides would help airflow significantly. The two fans you have attached to the back of the AMD section aren't moving much air, I bet. Most of their area is blocked by case metal. Top blowholes would also create another route for light to exit from the case.

I would probably want to do somthing seriously drastic and redesign the whole thing with the idea of putting a small LCD or monitor in the top of that case wired to a dual head graphics card.. all in one LAN party kit :D

I like the idea of painting it black and then putting some form of CC light inside~ ive see that sysem before (or systems) nice job~

Crazy Jayhawk said:
That combination of case badges at the top is rather confusing.

Yea, I'm likin' that leses and less.

Crazy Jayhawk said:
I'd also recommend lighting for both halves of the case. You could highlight the contrast between them by lighting the AMD with one color (green?) and the Intel with another (blue?).

Yes, I really like that.

Crazy Jayhawk said:
Top blowholes for both sides would help airflow significantly. The two fans you have attached to the back of the AMD section aren't moving much air, I bet. Most of their area is blocked by case metal. Top blowholes would also create another route for light to exit from the case.

No, they move plenty air. I want it as noise free as I can make it. That's why all fans are on the back. Tucked under the desk, I don't hear fans at all. Good ideas, thanks.

The Spyder said:
I like the idea of painting it black and then putting some form of CC light inside~ ive see that sysem before (or systems) nice job~

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not a big fan of black. Black needs to be cleaned too often, shows dust too much. And black is just overdone.

Thanks for the compliment. :)

Only 95 more posts to go so I can buy stuff in the for sale area :(

The Spyder said:
I just sent you one heck of a pm................ LOL~ opps well black or whatever color you want~

Read it and replied. Thanks for the good Ideas.

If not black my next color choice would be either metalic blue or metalic lime green (with accents of either the other color or silver)

I also like the idea of the blue and green lights. For that you will need a window in both sides. The problem with that is the way your desk is setup you cant really see both sides, but it would still be cool.

Back