• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Power & Cooling + MBM5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ronin1967

Just installed a new PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 524 ATX PSU.

Here is a screenshot of MBM5:

I notice some of the voltages fluctuate.
Vcore 1.78-1.79
Vagp 1.55-1.57
+3.3 3.34-3.36
+5.00 5.00-5.03
+12.00 12.41-12.47

Also my Vcore reads 1.79 but is set at 1.75 and my Vdimm reads 2.59 but is set at 2.50

Would how I have items connected effect these readings?

I have 2 hard drives connect to one lead.
I have 2 CD-ROMS(1 DVD and 1 CD-R/RW) connected to one lead.
I have the floppy the 2 front air intake fans and the CPU fan connected to one lead.

All I can think of is that your motherboard's reading isn't 100% accurate and reports it fluctuating. Perhaps someone else can chime in for some comments.

I'll second what Yodums said. Software voltage measurements often report readings that are different than what actually exists in the lines. The most common example of this is the difference in readings between MBM (whatever revision) and the voltage measurements taken from the BIOS.

Any suspected powersupply problem needs to be verified with hardware testing. You don't need a $300 Fluke multimeter for this, a fifteen dollar digital voltmeter from Radio Shack will do just fine. Measure the power going into the 12/5/3.3v leads for fifteen minutes or so and track any variances you spot, then repeat with the tested components under load.

I don't think running two drives off of one lead will cause a voltage fluxuation in a PCP&C PSU. But, mostly out of force of habit (and illogical fear) I always run the CPU fan on its own lead.

BHD

Quit your job, postpone any emergency surgery, even walk out in the middle of a haircut if you have to, and take care of those wild 0.6% voltage fluctuations right now, before it turns into another Chernobyl.

larrymoencurly said:
Quit your job, postpone any emergency surgery, even walk out in the middle of a haircut if you have to, and take care of those wild 0.6% voltage fluctuations right now, before it turns into another Chernobyl.

lol!

Hehe...but I agree with what the others said here. And if your PSU is PC Power & Cooling, you should suspect the software and motheboard components before you even think the PSU is having any problems (if you consider .03V a problem)

ronin1967 said:
Just installed a new PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 524 ATX PSU.

Here is a screenshot of MBM5:

I notice some of the voltages fluctuate.
Vcore 1.78-1.79
Vagp 1.55-1.57
+3.3 3.34-3.36
+5.00 5.00-5.03
+12.00 12.41-12.47

All but the 12V lines are within the 1% regulation. To get a true reading of what's going on with the PSU you need to use a MULTIMETER, this takes the mobo out of the equation.

Back