• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prometia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I gott a question about the PRO :

Do i need a new PSU (i dont know if its the right vocabulary for it).
Now i've got a 35oWatt noname.
Will it work ?
How does the PROmetia get its power ?
Where from ?

Mfg

Prometeia gets it's power on it's own. it doesn't use the psu of your computer to work so, you don't need to change it. go to www.chip-con.com if you haven't already. You should be clarifyed. If you need anything else i'll be glad to help you out.

Well, it really can't be better i think. What else can we hope for ? i can chill my cpu to sub-zero temps with no special or complicated steps. It uns very quiet compared to air solutions or even water as i used to have, because water is good if your room temps are good. But with this baby, summer or winter is just the same thing. I think it was my best pc buy. So far i can't point a thing to this equipment and to the customer support @ chip-con. I'm not in any way related or afiliated to chip-con, i'm just sharing my experience with everyone. :beer:
Fold on!

Hey Hugovski,

Since you seem to be experienced with your prometeia, lemme ask you a question real fast.

I am not as interested in the prom for the sub zero temp as for its "quiet" quality. However, the boot up time does annoy me to some degree. Can you tweak the Prometeia enough so that it stays at around 10 degrees celcius but start up in less than 2 minutes (time before posting).

I know you can set different temps for the startup temp but no one seems to set it over zero degrees. Is it not doable?

Thanks for the info

you can alter the start up time, and such with the ATX power Conditioner... I know that.

I gotta say this too, the guys at chip-con are top notch, every single little detail of all the emails I ever sent them is answerd in full detail. no little general information from them, they give it to you straight and are very very helpful.
thats the main reason why I choose them, I just had a feeling if I had a problem, I'd have a solution sooner then later.

The start up and the fans can be regulated to fit your needs. You can even boot up @ 10 ºc positive ! You can still change the fans for a silent ones. I 've met people that have done it and they only loose 1/3 ºc ( evap temps ).

Hey thanks for the reply guys,

Well the thing is that a Prom will always be better than any w/c because it will go below ambient temps. That's why I am looking towards buying one.

Hugovsky, just a last little question. Do you know how long it takes your friend's computer to boot then when it is set to start at 10 degrees celcius?

< 2 min? < 1 min?

To me that's the only inconvenient with such a system.

Thanks all.

anyone know if the prices are going down in the near future?

im not spending 500$ on cooling lol

What with the Vapochill being cheaper now, (even the chilly PE model), probably sometime soon.

why dont you just try plane watercooling? 2 500mhz cellys dont put out **** heat wize and would not even be worth cooling with a phase-change unit.

$500 blown on two cellys:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: what is this world coming to.

The real issue with dual systems is that they don't overclock well enough to justify using phase change cooling with. Even water cooling is only used for lower noise.

cool, I'd only need the bottom part of the case since it appears the case they use for the top is pretty much the exact same as mine (although not as modded :D)...if there prices drop some I may have to look into that

Back