• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-8IEXP bios DDR multiplier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrMS

Hi all,

I am using a GA-8IEXP that I really like except the restricted DDR multipliers in the bios. Normally I have 2.0 and 2.66 multipliers for 100 MHz FSB CPUs.

I wonder If somebody knows to add 3.33 there with the help of a beta bios or anything else. I know that i845E does not officially support DDR333 but Abit BD7 II has this feature in the bios.

I could not find anywhere in the web. I am waiting for your valuable help.

Thanks in advance.

I would love to know if anyone finds that out too. Currently, I have to run my pc2700 (DDR 333) at 280mhz and I would really love to run it at it's rated speed. Here's my setup anyways:

P4 1.8A @ 2.52 w/ default voltage
512mb pc2700 ram @280:(
ATI Radeon 8500le @ 250/250
40GB maxtor 7200rpm ata 133 HD
LG 16x (48x cd-rom) DVD-rom
LG 32x10x40x cd-rw

3Dmark2001se score: 9344

ps- I do use and did find a hacked bios that gives me full raid with the on-board promise 20276 raid chip though and could use default voltage for my free 720mhz overclock :D

Last edited:
i got the IEXP too and i'm not so happy with it ...

i got P4 2AGHz (20x100) ... def V.Core= 1.5v

i got 400MHz Memory that work just on 266 :(

its on multi 2.66 , how can i get more from the board ?

so when i tried too raise the FSB too 133 the system won't post at all only after more vcore ... after that it will post but windows is not stable ..

it gives IRQ_LESS_OR_EQUAL .... Errors in WindowsXP .

so now i'm on 120x20 = 2.4GHz vcore=1.55v
system stable but i'm not happy with it ... and memory on
319MHz :(

i'm using the latest bios F9

There is yet no solution to DDR multiplier problem. Is it possible to use bios of PE chipset boards?

The onlybabyface

"ps- I do use and did find a hacked bios that gives me full raid with the on-board promise 20276 raid chip though and could use default voltage for my free 720mhz overclock "

Could you please send this HACKED bios to my address

[email protected]

Thanks

Thank you babyface for sending me the bios an d raid drivers. I will send you the results later on because I am far away from my computer now.

bye.

Well ... i'v installed the "8IEXP F8 PRO BIOS / FULL RAID"

and first i'v notice new options in the bios like i can fully disable ACPI , and some Video Ram Cach disable and more some stuff ...

but it dind't helped in Over clocking at all ... i dunno .

i don't see any point in this bios ...

any sussgetions ?

This bios only gives you full raid which is a bonus and lots of other features...i was able to overclock my board MUCH higher but of course, with overclocking there are so many different variables so your mileage may vary...just play with the settings...it is definitely not any worse than any of the Gigabyte bios' and much better....still looking for that elusive 333mhz (3.33) for my memory as 280 mhz isn't cutting it for me....

Hi theonlybabyface,

I could not find the web site for the hacked bios. If you can remember the correct one could you please write it to me. There may be some other hacked versions etc. there.

bye,

Thank you for the fast response netspider.

I have visited that page and see some interesting features of ASUS p4t 533 for example. It says
"Bioses in this folder contain an UDMA-rom
instead of the lite-raid-rom. by the help of
these bioses you can use your promise-controller
as a normal udma-controller. no need to create
one-disk-arrays, faster boot, support for dvds,
cdroms, zips and other optical drives - up to 4 devices !!
you need an udma-driver which can be found here:
/drivers/(pure)udma/
"
strange. Is it possible by GA-8iexp?

And one thing that I am not sure of: FULL RAID. What is the explanation for that (I am not using RAID, I prefer to use it for one of my CDROM or CDRW).

Thanks,

i got this board from newegg as a refurb. its a great overclocking board and easy-tune makes it really convenient. i'm bummed that there are no memory tweaking options at all. my stick of corsair c2 PC3200 is going to waste in there. it looks like memory divider options are reserved for the PE chipset boards. oh well, this is a good board for the $60 i paid for it.

NetSpider said:
Here you go ..

i found it too

http://bios.h-page.de/

the links dont get me the zipfiles. an error page shows instead. is the page no longer available or are they just offline? anyway, i'm running mine at 166 fsb, 37/75, +.2v dimm and 1.6v vcore. so far post reads 2.97Ghz & 332 Mhz for processor and memory. everything is stable except that the built in audio chip won't work. looks like i have to get me a sound card. by the way, i just heard from one of my suppliers that leadtek is going out of business. he based his assumption from numerous unanswered calls and inquiries from their offices. is this true?

P42.4B, Apacer 2700-512Mb, Leadtek G4Ti 4200-128Mb, 40Gb maxtor at 133 using on-board raid chip, 48x12x48cdrw at ide port 1, 16x48x dvd at ide port 2. air cooling only.

I had that board. To get the the advance bios setup do this. When you are in your bios hit ctrl-f1 at the same time on your keyboard. This opens up more advance features. The only way to get better multipliers if you have a 400mhz cpu is to do the p4 pin mod. You have to trick the motherboard into thinking its a 533mhz cpu. There are a few ways to do this. I did the pin mod myself. Here is a link to the pin mod:
http://duh2.brawleyonline.com/computer/fsbpinmod.html
There are other ways people have done the mod, like insulate it but I figured that would be harder then just removing the pin.
You have to be carefull the other pins are close. Also it just doesn't break off easyly either you have to bend it back and forth.
I didnt like the 8IEXP though it wouldn't overclock my 1.8 to only 2.4 and no more, I knew my chip would go higher so changed out to a albatron board board and now I can get my BO stepping cpu to 2.98ghz. Hope this helps some.

Hmmm, seems some people suffered the same frustration with this board just as I did. My rig won't run stable at any clock speed higher than 120MHz. So my 2.0A is running at 2.4G and my DDR333 sitting at 319 :( . I tried to raise the vcore, it doesn't help. I am not sure it's the board or the cpu's fault. Generally this board is not a good board for OC.
Btw, how can some of you get EasyTune running? Whenever I run EasyTune, it says ET is not supported on this board. I flushed the BIOS to version9 which I thought is the newest.

yeah , me too i got the P42A Ghz ,and i'm at 120FSB ...

i think my PSU is suck ... dunno , what PSU u got ?

My psu is pretty decent. Vantec stealth 470w, which is very noisy :(
I did more experiment today. I raised vcore to 1.65, window booted up ok @ 2.5GHz (125FSB), but after 5min prime95 run, it started to generate some rounding error, so the system is not totally stable at 125FSB.
Then I put a P4 1.8A SL66Q, it's not C1, but it's a shrink B0, lots of people overclocked it beyond 2.8G. I started from 120FSB, then 125, 130, 135, they are all fine. My system is cool at upper 30s with full load. Then I hit wall at 140FSB, it won't boot. I raised the vcore to 1.65 still black screen.
My conclusion is that this board sucks, at least mine sucks. It's not my psu, ram, heat sink. The single culpit is this damned board. I am going to change to asus p4pe next week.

Back