• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rainbow 6: Raven Shield MP demo...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R0CK3TM4NN

All I gotta say about my first impression of the game is:

DAMN.

I've never, NEVER had so much fun playing a Rainbow 6 based game online. I have always been a fan of unrealistic shooters, like Quake 3, UT2003, Tribes 2, and even cs to an extent (c'mon, CS is NOT realistic). And truly despised the super-realistic shooters like Operation Flashpoint and what not.

But raven shield...holy crap. They made it "feel" more familiar to me, with a more "familiar" interface. And the sound, dear god the sound, its very nice. Headphones, and a good sound card (I got a Game Theater XP) really show off the incredible positional sound. Its so detailed, that you can hear an enemy pull the pin out of a grenade, hear the pin drop to the floor, hear his arm shuffling when he throws it, and of course, hear the grenade clacking across the floor.

And best yet, I was actually GOOD at the game. Not a very steep learning curve.

The MP Demo is a rather buggy build. With that aside, it does run rather smoothly in game, thanks to the UT2003 engine.

Enough about what I said, what do YOU think about it.

i am now bored with R6 style games, i mean in the start yeah they were kick *** realistic and loads of fun, but lately they have released SO many addon's that its now boring IMHO i have not checked the demo coz to me it's just another R6 game, but if you say that it's more fun than yeah i will definately check it out :)

I think it's great, and I don't know what these two are talking about. It's sooo much more fun when realistic, it gives a bigger rush than flying around on a rocket pack and shootinga laser sniper rifle. The graphics are also very good, in my opinion, the textures are the best i've seen, and the game is very modder friendly. I've already seen modded guns that people are using/cheating with. The only thing is the number of bugs that came with it. They better fix it all upon release, but they have more than enough time.

Realistic is fun, but when making sequels (over load of sequesl to be correct) is what takes out the fun ( i am right now talking in terms of SP element) including 8 or 9 new mission and giving it some new funky name and making it a retail game SUCKS i won't mind if they are available as free patch / upgrade but charging for them sucks

I had lots of fun back in the day with the original R6 games, so I'll check this out for sure.

Back