• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can't get higher than 5200 with GF3Ti200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TerroH8er

hey guys, i've posted this at a few message boards already, but nothing that anyone suggested really helped (aka i didnt get many replies). My beloved GF2MX400 died a few days ago, and since I'm waiting for NV30, I decided to just go with the GF3Ti200 since it was only $69. ok, well I installed it in my puter, installed the 40.72 drivers, disabled AA and anistropic filtering and Vsync. i rebooted my computer, closed all the backround apps, and started up 3dmark 2k1 and only got 5150+/~ marks. I was expecting a bit more. Is there anything else I can do to increase performance? my AGP aperture is set to 128mb.. is this ok?

my specs are
1333mhz Tbird
256mb Samsung PC2100 DDR
ASUS A7A266
IBM 60GXP 40gig 7.2k RPM hard drive
Visiontek GeForce3 Ti200 (not overclocked.. yet)

also, something that is weird, I lowered the AGP capability mode to 2x instead of 4x, and my score increased 100 points.

I haven't defragged in a month or so, so i'm going to defrag tonight and see if that makes a big difference.

thanks
Terro

what OS are you using, is your machine overclocked any and if so how much, what resolution did you run at. the 128mb is fine, I've tried every aperture size and never seen a difference in the score personally. have you tried any other drivers?

if your machine isn't overclocked, and your card isn't overclocked. That's really not that low of a score.

u should atleast oc the proc and the vidcard to get a higher score. also, you may post ur problem at "video and sound cards" forum, so many people wud help u out.

That score is way too low. I get that with my Gf2Ti. I friend of mine has that card running on a 1.2 Athlon and he got into 7K so there must be an issue somewhere. Wish I could help. Try a few different driver versions.

GWN said:
That score is way too low. I get that with my Gf2Ti. I friend of mine has that card running on a 1.2 Athlon and he got into 7K so there must be an issue somewhere. Wish I could help. Try a few different driver versions.

it's not way too low if everything is set to default, i mean it's somewhat low, but way too low is overdoing it if the machine is running at all stock specs.

Thanks i'll try it out

yeah, it's pretty low.. I'm not a complete n00b to tweaking video cards, I've applied a lot of tweaks using Rivatuner but to no avail. For some reason I have a feeling that it's my motherboard, because I turned it down to AGP 2x and it got about 100 more marks than with AGP 4x. I know that I can overclock, I did it with my old card, but I want to get everything running to its full potential before I start overclocking.

edit: oh yeah btw, I'm running WinXP Pro, with all the services I don't need disabled, no startup items enabled, and no visual theme. Also, I have all the latest ALi chipset drivers installed and some registry performance tweaks.

Last edited:
I had most of my rig on an old Asus A7M266(nice stable board no OC features, not like my EPoX anyway)and at stock settings with my GeForce 3(one of the 1st ever made) I would get 8000 right off the bat, if I OC it I get 10,000

I got it from EssenCompu.com.. apparently since I bought it, it went up to $79.. who knows

Back