• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd Dual,,,, Vrm Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
Hi all I am intrested to know what your VRM temps are on your dual AMD boards.Tyan owners can simply down load the latest system moniter from tyan.The other boards I am unsure if the temp moniter programs offer VRM temps.

But if they do can we all list the temps for the vrm's here..There are 2 VRM'S on the Mainboard so please list booth temps.

Yes I stated thr VRM modules that are what regulate the voltages to the processors....I am intrested in the temps these run at because I seriously thing they affect processor temps as well as stability...So I am hoping people can suppply this info.

Henery why are you complicating this ?? The VRM is a Voltage Regulating Modual.It like many components has several components that make it a VRM.However these components are clustered together and work together and can be temp monitered as a single component.

I am intrested in temps from different M/B because location AND MAX TEMPS affect system performance.EXAMPLE on aTYAN S2460 VRM2 is located behind the Video card near the AGP slot and close to the Processor socket.On 2 systems I have this vrm runs at 52c and higher,The adjacent processor runs at 49c max load,where the opposite processor and VRM run up to 6c cooler because of VRM location and Because the VRM gets residue air flow from the heat sink fans.[My conclusion based on limited info available}

If others can post VRM temps for booth VRM modules and compair that to the Processors temps I can see if this 1 VRM with a high temp is causing temp differences in the processors and maybe come up with a cooing idea for the VRM modules.

Hmm well I wonder if MBM 5 would display temps on the VRM'S of other Main Boards if they have the sensors available to read the temps/

I know my Tyan Thunder shows the VRM temps. I think they were around 44c but im not positive. I will post them when i get home today.

Vrm1=37c vrm2=51c tyan 2460. keep in mind that vrm2 is this hot because the cpus are WC so there isn't any air moving over them. inparticularly vrm2 for the reason stated above with the agp. i have also noticed if i draw the heat off with a heatsink that cpu2 drops a few degrees which in turn brings down cpu1.

Back