• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700 t'bred question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

specific

i just popped it into my abit kx7.
raised fsb to 166, dropped multi to 9x.
i haven't shorted the L3 bridge, but it's working.
is this right? i thought you had to short the 5th L3 bridge to get the lower multipliers.

You have to short the 5th L3 only on chips (tbreds) which are XP2100 or higher, because of the x13 multiplier you have to set the x8 bit to LO from HI, and shorting the 5th L3 does just that, and this allows you to enable all the multies (x5 - x12.5). The chip itself is totally unlocked

So how high have you been able to o/c it.
Might get one if I can get it faster than the XP1600+ I have right now.

yeah i am kinda anxious to know what you can get it up to, i just orderd one form newegg today, we have the same mobo:). did u have to do a bios update inorder to get the cpu to work? details please:D:D :D :D

[email protected]
[email protected]
I've tried higher, but it restarts, or won't boot. I think the problem is either the psu or maybe a volt mod would help for the ram. It's as high as i can get it now. When i push the vcore to 1.65 the temps shoot up to about 42 idle. I'm on the sk7 hs with 80mm fan @ 3400rpm.
I hope the psu isn't the problem.

Hey guys i thought i would throw some info in considering i made some progress on my newegg.com tbred 1800+ today.

so far i have it running at 1833 (166 * 11) ***Stock Voltage***
I have not had a single lock yet. I also have not changed any bridge settings or any thing like that. Underload my temps are 37 deg C. I think its doing preatty well. I dont know much about the 1700+ procs but i figured this info might help considering they are about the same price and the 1800's are of a newer generation.

OPrime

Back