• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Tex

I have a customer that ownes a pre-school she wants me to fdisk/format 4 computers then reload win98 and pre-school software she ownes and has all key and eula for windows and pre-school programs ok.After i do this is there a way to make a self-booting image disk of each computer in case someone or a kid ever delete anything this way she could pop in the disk and re-do the drive back as it was when it was a fresh load.This would have to be quick and effortless for her or its no good she dont know a whole lot about computers.

Mods i posted this here because i really didnt know where it should go if this is not right please move it but i am asking a question about windows and other pre-school programs.

Give Norton Ghost a shot. I've heard good things about it.

How old are those machines? You'll need a CD-R or two, and the machine will have to support booting from a CD.

Also, it's easy to hide files and restrict user access, even on 98SE. Just hide everything critical and disable stuff like Control Panel, etc.

You're dealing with pre-schoolers, not destructive teenagers. :p

true might there be a link or how to to disable things in 98 never had to before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back