• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF is in my task manager??!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IFMU

The Xtreme Senior Nobody
Ok, I was goin through checking things and I opened up my task manager. I like to check it every so often... well anyways... I was doing this, and I found a second Local Area Network Connection in it! I have absolutely no clue what this is... All I am using is my onboard NIC. Nothing more.
The only difference I can think of is that I just installed a USBCard. It is presently connected to nothing... anyone able to explain what this it??!!!

task.jpg

Actually, that is something I did just a few moments ago. Talking with my brother trying to see what the deal was.
It has an IP, its read as 4.0.1.0
It is there about the time that I installed the USBcard... could that be it?! If you look in the image above, you can see that the 1st, has a speed of 100Mbps, where the 2nd, has a limit of 30.

Ok, a minor update here that is really confusing me... bro and I were still lookin around on info on it, and it brought up properties that say, Microsoft TV/Video Connection Properties.
I do have a TV card in this thing, but this is totally new! I have never seen this with this card installed before. I checked the info out/in and nothing has gone out or in. ... this is seriouslly odd...

IFMU said:
Actually, that is something I did just a few moments ago. Talking with my brother trying to see what the deal was.
It has an IP, its read as 4.0.1.0
It is there about the time that I installed the USBcard... could that be it?! If you look in the image above, you can see that the 1st, has a speed of 100Mbps, where the 2nd, has a limit of 30.

well, i just ran a trace on the ip address and it came up with this:

Name: p7-0.miasfl1-cr2.bbnplanet.net
IP Address: 4.24.8.218
Network: GNTY-4-0

Registrant:
BBN PLANET CORP. (BBNPLANET2-DOM)
3801 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
US

you know what this is?

In win2k if you go into "network dial-up conections" you can delete/remove the conection. I'm assuming XP should have something along the same lines. I've never seen a conection rate of 30Mbps. It could be a VIVO or sometype of input device that windows is confusing as a network conection.

No clue mbentley how did you run the trace? I can never remember how to do that....

cack01, I have tried that, and it wont let me... Odd to say the least...

IFMU said:
No clue mbentley how did you run the trace? I can never remember how to do that....

cack01, I have tried that, and it wont let me... Odd to say the least...

neo trace pro... gotta love it :)

Back