• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IBM Optical Navigator mouse, I love it, BUT!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

UT2003 demo doesn't recognize the scroll wheel!

I figured I'd play a few rounds in UT2003 to really see if I like the mouse. I do like the mouse feel and precision, but UT2003 doesnt recognize the scroll wheel, if I use it, it does nothing. So I went into the control settings and tried to change it again, but when I moved the mouse wheel up to set the function it acts like I didn't press any button. It does recognize the extra thumb button which I have set to "backspace".

Is there a way to fix this? btw, I'm using the mouse suite software that came with the mouse.

I've checked IBM's site and found no new drivers.

Anyone else who has this mouse could you please let me know if it works for you or how you fixed it, if you did.

I disabled the mouse suite software and the scroll wheel works in UT2003 now, but the side button doesn't. Thats one of the reasons I got the mouse, is b/c it has an extra button. So its a trade off, I can have one or the other. bah! I miss my intellipoint software already :(

I'm getting it because it's comfy, not for the extra button.
In fact, I can't think of anything I want assigned to that button in UT2k3...

Well I got a Genius Optical mouse, it has 4 buttons + wheel/button, UT2k3 doesn't recognize nither the wheel nor the additional 2 buttons which I could have assigned secondary weapons or something, I got the driver from Genius and it works great in windows, just no support for the buttons in UT2k3 :( or any games I tried them in...

Well, one of my requirments for mice is that they have at least one extra button. I usually use it for reload in half life. I dont have HL installed right now so I dunno if it works or not. Plus I can use it to quick switch to a weapon or something in UT2003 or other games.

This IBM optical Navigator had it all though :) Good looks, comfortable, extra button. Only downfall is the software. I guess I'll just assign different keys to scroll through my weapons. Oh, but one thing is, the "middlemouse" button (pushing down on scroll wheel) works in UT2003. Sorta strange.

Hopefully other games will recognize the wheel, like MOH:AA, HL, ect.
I still love this mouse though, I cant get over how cool the blue led scroll wheel looks!

Back