• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jumping temperature!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dend

Registered
I just assembled my new computer this is it:

Abit IT7 Max2
P4 2.4B 533

And im using an volcano 7+ and the hardware doctor to monitor my temperature.

Sometimes it seems to read my temp normally, the only problem is only that using the low and high speed just differ in about 2C, the average is 43c.

But sometimes the temperature jumps from something like 56 then 53 then 48, each second a different one!

What is wrong with my system? Can the diode send the temperatures and the processor read it, at each temp a second??
Should the temperature be much more different between high and low speed??

I used AS3 to install the heatsink, may i have shortned something in the processor? Im also connecting 3 additional fans to the mb.

Tks alot, Daniel

ps: sorry about my english!

Last edited:
Tks mica

UPDATE:

Well after taking the fans from the mobo, the temperature is stable.

I just think the temperature is too high with the stock heatsink and alumina i was getting about 48 C, now with v7+ with a lot of noise i just get 45.

Daniel

i would try to reseat the heatsink.
And make sure you have some pressure on it aswell as a loose fit isnt that great for temps.

Also make sure you are not using too much thermal paste
You want a paper thin layer of paste on the CPU as too much will hurt performance....

Chec out the cooling section for more help as i am sure (almost) any quesation you have has been asked before

Back