• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4pea+ raid problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MyEpoxDied

Registered
When i boot up my 4pea+, i dont get the raid menu so i can press ctrl-h to set up an array. It just goes through the bios, and tries to boot to the cd, but i can't install win2k without setting up an array, any ideas?

check you BIOS to see if the RAID has been turned off, by default anytime a IDE cable is attached to the the RAID IDE channels it comes on, however it can be disbaled in BIOS

Don't see anything like that, and loading the defaults didn't help, anoone else?

almost sound like the Highpoint controller has stopped, I know this a new motherboard so the seperate BIOS for the HPT controller shouldn't have fried, has it ever worked?

let's do this from scratch:

you have the BIOS set on 'Optimum Defaults'
you have installed the hard drives to IDE3 and IDE4.
you have you floppy conected.
you have your ioptical devices installed to IDE1 or IDE2.

correct so far?

the hard drives do you have them on one cable ot two? how did you set the jumpers?

could you give me a rundown of your hardware?

DO you have a chat client(AOL, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo)?

I got it working, i took the mobo out of the case, and put it back in, i guess it was shorting out.

Back