• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How is this setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

I am picking out parts for my friends new rig, and he is not on an extreme budget, but still wants as cheap as it can go. Basically he will be gaming and stuff and basically wants a new kickass system that will last for awhile. Anyway, I didnt want to register an account on Newegg just for a wishlist, so I put the wishlist on my tripod account

http://senior_honez.tripod.com/wish.html
Open to suggestions, thnx. :)

the Nforce2 board is good... but what about the one from Chaintec now it got multipler BIOS and it can change the cpu vcore to 2.15v where as asus one can only do up to 1.85.

However, chaintec one got a sorry audio onboard chip I heard.

I dun see the need for you to get a gigabyte NIC card.... unless you have a switch/hub that supports 1000mbps or you have a fiber optic cable to your home.

Also... I think it is better off pick a monitor locally to save on shipping... (I might be wrong on this)

Get a 430w PS.... you got two HD and CDRW DVD, the AMD 2400 and 9700 is hungry for power... 350w are barely enough..

What do you need a floppy for? my system has no floppy and I wouldnt miss it.... I still can flash my bios because I made bootable cd.

yes the floppy is needed, I think I will add a bigger PSU. I am gonan use the brand new, i still dont trust refurbs

Back