• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to install Direct Play 8.2...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gregory_WE

Following the instructions on MS website but it doesn't say anything about when you run it it tries to unzip it rather than run the application... the unzipped files don't seem to be too helpful either.

I'm assuming I need some kind of special installer update to be able to run this .exe properly.

Also, is there a Direct X 8.2 or just Direct Play?

Well it looks like that's what it's supposed to do... but... when I open the DPLAY82Q.exe file that I'm assuming is how I install the Direct Play 8.2 nothing happens.

I had some problems getting that to install as well, I can't remember for the life of me how I got it to work. Maybe try running the .exe from the run command line.

If I can remember, I will check back in here with how I installed. Sorry I can't help more.

btw, in my case I crashed more after I installed that than before playing UT2003. Just my experience.

Back