• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fastest classifieds sale ever!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jokrswild

Okay, so Two Dope2000 put up a 60 gig maxtor and some sdram up for sale on the forums. After 30 min, eric (sir-epix) called dibs on it, and started pming Two Dope2000. Instead of him shipping it out, and us having to send money, we drove up there, and just got back now. :) It was only 45 min or so away, across the michigan border (we're in BG, just south of Toledo, ohio).

Twas alot of fun, and total time must have been only 4 hours or less!!

But we gots more stuff for more crunchers. the two XP's in my sig aren't up yet, as the chips are on the way, but this new hard drive will help us!

well, the 1900 should be comming in a bit after thanksgiving.. the 1600 was a DOA refurb from newegg, so i'm just waiting on them now..

After taht comes, it's crunch time!

Speaking of refurb chips - anybody have any idea what they do to those? Are they chips that lost a pin? Aside from that what part of a chip could possibly be repaired? With a mobo I'm sure they could add new caps or fix some smt components, but a chip...

they might be returned chips, as in "i dont' want this anymore" or "you sent me the wrong thing". Or maybe someone RMA'd a good chip, and it happend to be their mobo, but they wanted a refund anyway...

TC said:
Speaking of refurb chips - anybody have any idea what they do to those? Are they chips that lost a pin? Aside from that what part of a chip could possibly be repaired? With a mobo I'm sure they could add new caps or fix some smt components, but a chip...

They are probably those chips that are Rma'd because they are lousy overclockers.

Maximouse said:

They are probably those chips that are Rma'd because they are lousy overclockers.

I am running one of those Refurbs, and let me tell you it isn't a lousy overclocker! People are just messed up in the head.

Hmm, I thought Newegg's return policy was on oem chips only, and only if they're flat out dead.

TC said:
Hmm, I thought Newegg's return policy was on oem chips only, and only if they're flat out dead.

I think it is as well, but refurbs are probably products that have been sent back by people directly to the manufacturer and then they make them available to sellers when they find them working.
Just a guess:)

Al

jokrswild said:
Okay, so Two Dope2000 put up a 60 gig maxtor and some sdram up for sale on the forums. After 30 min, eric (sir-epix) called dibs on it, and started pming Two Dope2000. Instead of him shipping it out, and us having to send money, we drove up there, and just got back now. :) It was only 45 min or so away, across the michigan border (we're in BG, just south of Toledo, ohio).

Twas alot of fun, and total time must have been only 4 hours or less!!

But we gots more stuff for more crunchers. the two XP's in my sig aren't up yet, as the chips are on the way, but this new hard drive will help us!
Me and jdmcnudgent are in Toledo. We ought to get together sometime for some .:beer:

Owens Community College? Yeah, we'll definately have to have a seti/overclockers party.. lol Anyone else around this area?

jokrswild said:
Owens Community College? Yeah, we'll definately have to have a seti/overclockers party.. lol Anyone else around this area?
No actually Stautzenberger College. Its by Southwick Mall.

Back