• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Dell 1.8a C1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lightbulb8817

Can someone find a good price for a Dell computer that has a 1.8a in it? I really hope i'll get a C1.

I don't want monitor, big hd, or large amount of ram. Just make it as least expensive as possible but with a 1.8a.

If the price is right, I might order a computer from Dell:D

Wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy a 1.8a alone? You have the same odds of getting a C1 as you would if you bought it from an online retailer, if not better because you don't know how old Dell's parts are. And if you wouldn't be using the Dell, then all those parts just sit there doing nothing.

jazztrumpet216 said:
Wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy a 1.8a alone? You have the same odds of getting a C1 as you would if you bought it from an online retailer, if not better because you don't know how old Dell's parts are. And if you wouldn't be using the Dell, then all those parts just sit there doing nothing.

Don't worry...I will be using the Dell as spare parts or possibly give it to family members or sell it.

I'm not set on buying a Dell with a 1.8a. I'm just curious how much I have to spend on a Dell machine to get a 1.8a and possibly get a C1 1.8a.

IMHO I think you have much better odds pulling one out of a Dell. They always seem to have the newest steppings long before anyone else. The only place I could find tB1 celerons was in the Dell workstations at work.

- JW

Xevuhtess7 said:
why dont you just go to dell's website and customize the lowest spec pc you can that has a 1.8a in it?

I tried to, but my total comes out to around $500 :eek:
That's why I'm asking for your help.

yeah, just received my dell Dimension 2300 today, and the chip inside is INDEED a C1 stepping!!

but i believe u will have to get the dimension 2300 model, rest of the dell system don't have the option for p4 1.8ghz.

i was really worried about my chance of getting a c1 stepping, since my company order 10 of those dimension 2300, all of them are still the older stepping 1.8a chip.... but i believe all the new system are coming w/ c1 now

good luck!

I just got a Dell 2300, and it also has the C1 step 1.8A.
Personally, I think thats all they have, but thats just an opinion.
And as my first mobo (not the Dell mobo) was dead, I still don't know just what that CPU will do. Keep checking the forums and see how others are doing.

However, why not try a different approach.
Just call Dell and ask to buy a 1.8G CPU to up and older Dell - say a 1.6A?

I wish I had thought of that first! :(

arklab said:
I just got a Dell 2300, and it also has the C1 step 1.8A.
Personally, I think thats all they have, but thats just an opinion.
And as my first mobo (not the Dell mobo) was dead, I still don't know just what that CPU will do. Keep checking the forums and see how others are doing.

However, why not try a different approach.
Just call Dell and ask to buy a 1.8G CPU to up and older Dell - say a 1.6A?

I wish I had thought of that first! :(

Will this work????

JM

Back