• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

now THIS is air cooling.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

Check it. I want to get some pics of my system set up with this. but here is my most recent temp reading after 2 days of folding for team 32.

http://ev0one.idleplay.net/comppics/arcticduct.jpg

now. I have not added ANYTHING to my actual internal cooler. I just moded the ducting externally to be cleaner, and not vent as much. so... my case internal temp is -4 from the -8.3 it is outside right now. condensation would be a concern if it werent for the very dry calgary atmosphere, as well as my filtered air intake. so... ermm. can i play with you guys with these temps?

heh. its just a stupid name... i just kinda threw it in cause i was bored and needed somthing lol. sure does work. it used to be this peice of crap duct that was fed up tot he window, now its this cleaverly snaked up duct with a sillent 80 mm fan on the end and serane wrap taping up the excess bit of window that is open

I did that last year with my Tbird... the computer is right below an old chimney for a wood furnace that we ripped out 3 yrs ago. I just shoved some dryer duct up it and insulated it and then put 2 fans in it to draw air in form outside. It was ducted straight to my heatsink which had a fan on it pulling the air the rest of the way.

Man that was fun!

he he. im raping what i could get on water....i love this setup. It runs so well and at 3000 rpm.. although, water cooling intriuging and i hav started to work out some maths for a radiaotr to fit my case.. i will not use water cooling unless i can make it fit my case.

Valk said:
he he. im raping what i could get on water....i love this setup. It runs so well and at 3000 rpm.. although, water cooling intriuging and i hav started to work out some maths for a radiaotr to fit my case.. i will not use water cooling unless i can make it fit my case.

if i try to duct air here in mex, the cpu fries lol!!!

h aha. well. its winter here in calgary. my temps are only going to get better. but as the temp outside drops, i have to worry about frosting inside the ducting which feeds straight into my sk7. atm she is performing quite well. but this was just a stupid little experiment for temp use. Ill be dissassembling this ducting when i go see my mum this xmas and with luck, ill have a water system in the works. Im starting not to really give a rats *** about temps honestly. my xp 1600 runs beautifully right up to 61, at that point, it begins to get choppy and a little crashy. at 65, it has a good chance of dieing... weird cause the cpu casing is rated to 90. oh well i will not tempt fate, stability is what drive my needs here and this xp suprising has filled that. I never expected it to operated as long hours as my pIII did and for the clock speed i am getting out it it, this is kick *** for the price.

however noise pollution and space saving is becoming an important issue right now. I want to try and get my little case back if i can. the one that i used with my 733. it had the issue that it stuck the psu right over top of the cpu fan.. since i intend to install a water cooling system into the machine, this is less of issue now. only on air would i be worried. and if push came to shove, air on this xp 1600 at stock speed would be more than adequate. this thing idles at 23ºC with nothing more than my internal duct circulating in house air. not too bad for stock, so i guess i did rape my friends temps of his tbird after all.

pimptower.jpg

Back