• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

peltier newbie has lots of questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ntpphong

Hi, i'm purchasing the swiftech mcx 462+ and since i'm able to run it with a peltier, i'm thinking about using one, too but i've complete a newbieabout it.

1. is it possible to use my old 150Watt psu to power it and howwould i have to mod it to use it for the peltier.
2. what kind of peltier would be a decent peltier price/performace. it should cool a xp2400 o/ced to 2.2ghz decently
3. how do i set this whole thing up? My case is the antec soho file server 1080 and i'm plannint to put the psu of the peltier on the base and open a pci slot for the power cord.

thanks in advance

When you are running a peltier you will need to get a powerful power supply depending on watts on the peltier. IF you are using a 150w power supply you would have to look at how many amps it puts out on the 12v line and see what how much amps peliter needs also. I don't think a 150w power supply would do because it doesn't have enough amps to run a 226w (takes 23 amps) or a 156w peltier (15-19 amps) You can check the amps specs on the peltier on dangerden.com. IT's on the TEC section and it'll give u the specs on the peltiers.

you would need a 266watt pelt and there is no way that psu would supply enough power, you will have to go out and buy a bench powersupply or hook up a couple of those computer psu's in parrellel or series.

Back