Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool
Forum Jump

New heatsink / Fan

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 11-24-02, 12:43 PM Thread Starter   #1
hkgonra

10 Year Badge

New heatsink / Fan

OK I was filling my cart at newegg , new mobo , sk6+ , and then I went for a fan. I was looking for a 60 x 38 , they had none. I couldn't even find any delta's . What gives?

"I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer."
-- Benjamin Franklin

My Heatware
hkgonra is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-24-02, 01:06 PM   #2
1Time

10 Year Badge

The SK6+ is a worthy cooler. Too bad NewEgg apparently overlooked selling a 60mm fan for it. And, although they are selling these 60mm to 80mm adapters, http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage....99-206-06.jpg, You might as well pay another $10 and get the SK7 instead and put your own 80mm fan on it.
NewEgg... what were they thinking?

It is impossible to rightly govern these forums when there are rulebreakers. Religion is not allowed here. Thank you. --JoT

"breakin' the law - breakin' the law"
1Time is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-24-02, 04:01 PM   #3
TLKfatman

1Time is right go with the slk7 or slk800 and toss one of the 80mm fan u have on it.

injoy
TLKfatman is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-24-02, 04:10 PM   #4
AntmanMike

10 Year Badge

I am assuming this is for an AMD system. There is another good heatsink/fan combo that gets high scores, and supposedly works very well. The Coolermaster HHC-001 Heatpipe works good... and recieves high marks from most reviewers.

Intel Core i7-2600K
Asus Sabertooth P67
2x4gb G.Skill PC14900
EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX-480 *(soon to be 580)
4x Seagate 1TiB SATA - 2TiB RAID 10
Western Digital 1.5TiB (Storage)
AntmanMike is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-24-02, 06:30 PM Thread Starter   #5
hkgonra

10 Year Badge

AMD all the way ............at least until they go belly up.

"I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer."
-- Benjamin Franklin

My Heatware
Old 11-24-02, 08:08 PM   #6
AntmanMike

10 Year Badge

If they go belly up, P4s will cost a LOT more. I use P4s, so im scared.

Intel Core i7-2600K
Asus Sabertooth P67
2x4gb G.Skill PC14900
Old 11-24-02, 08:20 PM   #7
Lithan
Disabled

I use whatever gets a better price/performance rate (Of fairly recent technology). So I use AMD's... though it's getting alot closer. So if AMD goes belly up I'm really scared. I won't get any higher than a 2100+ if that happens. I'm NOT paying 400$ for a cpu. I payed 500$ for a cpu, fan, goldfinger and mobo once (slot A days 900mhz had JUST come out) I sold it all for 100$.
Lithan is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-24-02, 09:39 PM   #8
AntmanMike

10 Year Badge

P4s arent that expensive. Check out Directron. And in your sig, who died for me? I don't recall anyone dying for me.

Intel Core i7-2600K
Asus Sabertooth P67
2x4gb G.Skill PC14900
Old 12-04-02, 06:24 PM Thread Starter   #9
hkgonra

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally posted by AntmanMike
I am assuming this is for an AMD system. There is another good heatsink/fan combo that gets high scores, and supposedly works very well. The Coolermaster HHC-001 Heatpipe works good... and recieves high marks from most reviewers.
I got the HHC-001 in today , that thing is HEAVY !

I hope it works good with the new xp1600 I got.

-- Benjamin Franklin

My Heatware
Old 12-05-02, 12:44 PM   #10
subconcept

About the fan adapters with thermalrights, ive seen alot of ppl say just get an adapter, but its not that easy! Remember thermalright had to be different by using clips to attach the fan, so adding an adapter is not so easy as it is normaly to jist screw it in. But if anyone knows a way to safely attach one to an sk6, PM me I am very interested as this delta can only be describe with one word...LOUD.

Old 12-05-02, 01:13 PM Thread Starter   #11
hkgonra

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally posted by subconcept
About the fan adapters with thermalrights, ive seen alot of ppl say just get an adapter, but its not that easy! Remember thermalright had to be different by using clips to attach the fan, so adding an adapter is not so easy as it is normaly to jist screw it in. But if anyone knows a way to safely attach one to an sk6, PM me I am very interested as this delta can only be describe with one word...LOUD.
Yeah , I think they got the name from the jets .

-- Benjamin Franklin

My Heatware

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool