• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recording from TV-out to VCR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CPFitz14

I just bought a vcr in the hopes that I could record from the tv-out on my MSI Ti4200. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get it to work. I know that the tv-out works, because I've directly connected it to a tv. The problem is, I don't have room, and can't have a tv in my room. Shouldn't it be possible to connect the tv out, to the rca in, and be able to record?

-CPFitz-

*bump*

C'mon, somebody out there must know something about this. Just need a little help, as i'm too lazy to go and return the vcr:D

Anyone?

-CPFitz-

What you need to do in order to record to a vcr is hook up the video output of your vide card to the video input of the vcr. this will get you the viceod signal.

you then need a stereo rca cable with 1/8 plug on one end or an adapter so that you can plug it into the line out of your sound card. you plug the other end into the the audio inputs on the vcr.

you will probably want to get a head-phone splitter so can can have your speakers plug in at the same time.

these items can be baught at Radio shack, and shouldn't run any more than $10-$15, depending if you go with gold connections or plain ones.

In order for the TV output to work, the VGA card must sense that there in fact is a TV connected to the Tvoutput. On a TV this is accomplished by a certain resistance on the input connector.

Check your nView settings while the video is connected, it should read the VCR as a TV. Otherwise it wont work.

I have all of the necessary cables, and nview is okay. What resolution should I use?

-CPFitz-

*bump*

This is my last try, as i'm running out of time to return the vcr.

Someone out there mustbe avle to help me:D:D

-CPFitz-

If you're using S-video, try composit. If composit, try S-video. And sometimes the VCR must be set to record on that specific input instead of a channel from the tuner. On my VCR it must be set to "E1" others to "AV". That could be it..

Back