• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sorry for another dumb question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eil Atan

I have heard you all talking about lapping your fans... what is lapping, and how do i do it?

First: Dumb questions are the questions not asked. (borrowed it from another member).
second: We don't lap our fans, but our Heatsinks (some lap their CPU as well)
And now I can only say take a look in the tips and techniques section. (front page)

no, I have actually heard of a thing similar to lapping on fans. You sanded the edges of the blades or something like that. We decided fan lapping was worthless.

William (Jul 12, 2001 10:19 p.m.):
no, I have actually heard of a thing similar to lapping on fans. You sanded the edges of the blades or something like that. We decided fan lapping was worthless.

You're absolutely right, when I read what you just said I remembered some guy tried/did that.
And again you're right, it's worthless

alright, glad I got that cleared up... I never tire of this forum, thank you william and KILLorBE... something I don't have to worry about now! thanks again! :)

Back