• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ST Labs Raid card problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RedArmy

Guys I need some help with this peace of hardware. I bought this ST Labs ATA 133 Raid card with 2 IDE ports for only 40$ cnd new.
And I am running strip0 with two 40GB Maxtors and one 60GB Maxtor to boot from.
Ever since I installed this card and reinstalled windowsXP I got myself the most unstable setup I ever had.:( I have to reboot 3 times, getting a blue screen, befor explorer stops crashing. Prime95 finds an error after 4 sec of running and I have all kinds of otrher crash related problems like the screen starts to flicker and the system crashes into the blue screen or just hangs. I even cant find the driver updates for this card because the only relateed website I could find was in Finnish.
this is the card as it appears in my hardware device manager:
Silicon Image SiI 0680 Ultra-133 Medley ATA RAID Controller
My rig is:
XP1800+
Abit KR7a-133
450W Powermax
GF4 Ti4200
Liteon 32x12x40
Raid 0 2x40GB Maxtor + 60GB Maxtor
SBlive 5.1

Anyone has any suggestions ?

Here is a link to the chipset's driver section. Not sure if it will be an update to what you have already, but worth a try.

Just wondering if your overclocking your rig. Some SCSI adapters seem to have a hard time with an overclocked PCI bus and could act flaky.

The other thing that might be the cause is an IRQ conflict because the Bios and/or Windows put the SCSI adapter card and some other piece of Hardware on the same IRQ. Normally, most devices can handle IRQ sharing, but certain combinations of hardware sharing an IRQ will cause those types of problems. Video cards especially don't like to share IRQ's and should have one to themselves. Sound cards can also be problematic when sharing IRQ's. You might want to check your IRQ assignments. If there is a problem like that try the SCSI card in a different PCI slot. That will force the card on to a new IRQ. On most Motherboards the AGP slot shares an IRQ with PCI slot 1. If you put the SCSI adapter in that slot both will be using the same IRQ. Just be aware that the other PCI slots also share IRQ's , usually something like Slot 2 and 4 and Slot 3 and 5 or something like that. It depends on the Motherboard. On Mine, AGP and PCI slot 1 share an IRQ, PCI Slot 2 shares an IRQ with the Imbedded Raid controller, Slot 3 shares an IRQ with the IDE controller and Slot 4 shares an IRQ with the USB Controller. Sometimes you have to move cards around until you find a setup that allows all your devices to play nice together. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Back