• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help finding some awesome headphones

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Warlord2

like title says, I need some nice headphones that maybe a DJ would use. Lets put the cap at $200 but anything less then that is even better. Microphone attached is also a bonus but am really only looking for some high quality sound and some conferrable headphones for gaming and listening to music.

dang 3 people all like the same thing, that has to make you think its good!

ok Im looking at the

HD 280 PROFESSIONAL
HD 265
HD 590 Prestige
HD 565

which one out of these would you guys buy? there all about the same price and Maxvla you are right the prices just about cut in half. The HD 280 is a DJ one, does that make a difference in sound quality? I sorta like the idea of not having to listen to the TV right behind me trying to play a game.

Last edited:
Sony MDR-v700 dj headphones, 99 bucks, outstanding quality.
www.djmart.com has them.

In addition since you said dj headphones, the v700s are probably one of the most widely used headphones over the globe. Open a dj magazine, im sure you will see more than one dj with a pair of these around their neck.

out of those 4 i would look at the 590's and the 280 pro's.

also i would suggest the EH2270 evolution series.

i have a pair of those and love 'em. :)

the EH2270's retail for 199.00 but there are several sites listed on pricescan that have them for 70-100 bucks.

Go to any hifi shop first and ask to listen to a pair. Decide which ones you like best, then go home and order them

Three words: Buy Grados instead.

I bought a set of Grado SR-125's, and they rock out. They are around your price point, so I highly reccomend them. I like them better than Sennheisers. Most people just automatically say Sennheiser because thats either all they know, or all they've heard. checkout www.headphone.com and peek around. oh, and will all High quality headphones, you'll need some power to drive them, so make sure you have an amp if you'll be hooking them up to something like a portiable player, or an onboard sound card.

ok narrowing down to either the EH2270 or the 590 now, they say just about the same thing about them so can anyone tell me the difference between the Evolution Series and the plane 500/600 series? Im mostly gaming but do listen to music as well, wich one would be the best, money is not an issue between the two.

I sorta left the DJ ones because I remember after like 2 hours of use they were so tight around my ears they started hurting and gave me an headace:( Im not sure if all DJ ones are that tight but I would think they are sense they dont want them to fall off:eek:

thanks for all the help guys!

well grados are great phones but i'm a stickler for absolute best quality. you know any manufacturer besides sennheiser that makes a $14,000 pair of headphones + tube headphone amp? didn't think so. that quality level trickles down to the lower end whether they know it or not.

its pretty much flip of a coin between the 590's and the 2270's. i haven't personally heard the 590's but i have heard the ones just below them. either would be excellent.

and you are right about the dj headphones they kinda lock tighter on your head so when you are moving around quickly they don't move. definately wouldn't suggest those for regular listening.

Back