• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

????help????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Billy32278

I have a PIII 800Mhz Slot 1 With a ASUS Model P2B-VT With a 440BX Chipset. Ya I know it's old but im still broke:( I just wanted to know if there is anyway i can overclock. It might be to old but i dont know. Hopefully someone will. Thanx.

Link to my P2B if it helps any

http://www.centrix-intl.com/p2b.htm

Asus is a good motherboard to overclock and the BX chipset is a classic. Go into the BIOS and set the FSB (front side bus or system frequency) to 112 MHz. That should give you nearly 900 MHz of blazing speed. Probably about all you should try with stock cooling and default voltage. Plus, that won't run your PCI bus too far out of spec to be a problem either.

like batboy said Asus are generally pretty overclocking friendly. The P3-800 is also a generally overclocking friendly chip and many have hit over 1ghz with these chips. If your temps are good enough and you have good RAM and components then this can certainly be possible for you too.

check out the beginners guides at www.overclockers.com

and welcome to the forum

Original ASUS OEM Made for HP.

I don't think any of the P2B series had FSB selection in BIOS.

It may have jumpers that will let you set the FSB, but since it was an OEM part for HP, it might not.

- JW

Your right JCLW. I went into the BIOS and there was nothing on a FSB or SF. so i guess theres nothing i can do but buy a new motherboard and CPU?

First look for jumpers on the motherboard, or even a place where jumper pins could be soldered on. They would be up near the clock generator which is probably up in the memory slot corner of the board.

Second search the web for a program such as SoftFSB which may allow you to control the clock generator from software.

- JW

Yikes! This must be one of those stripped down mobo versions that Asus made for OEM computers then. There is still hope though, since there is a good chance the clock generator is capable of higher FSB. Try downloading the softFSB program and see if that works.

Now i scared i got SoftFSB and my motherboard is not on the list but there are other P2B's to pick from i did the P2B-xx one and when i turned the fsb up my computer froze up on me and i had to reset my comp and thank GOD its not frozen anymore.but now i dont know if i shoud mess with it anymore. Soon or later with my luck it will never turn on again.and on the Target Clock Generator i dont know that to pick.

Last edited:
Back