• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

neverwinter nights

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whooping_a_panda

Mr Slave Senior
hey guys i bought the game the first day it came out and played for about a week, got distracted by life and never got a chance to get back to it. well basically id like to get back into it... haha, do any of you guys play that would like to set up some multiplayer games, or does anyone know any great modules?

post em here for me, ive been lookin around but i cant find much that looks great, if you wanna game ive got great cable so lag is not an issue

I play NWN.
But a similar thing happened to me. I bought it about 2-3 weeks ago, but haven't played it in a week, week and a half, and haven't even finished the Official Campaign, so I don't know anything about any Modules.

i didnt play far enough to get outa the first chapter, i moved and then formatted and now im diggin it out and startin to really get into it

Id say play the single player first, speakin of which, i should go back and play again. I kinda quite too, about half way though the second chapter.

My first character (barbarian/fighter) is at the beginning of chapter 2 and my second (wizard) is nearing the end of chapter 1.

Heh I recently showed the game to a friend and as a result picked it up again where I had left somewhere in Chapter 2. Got my trusty Paladin to Chapter 3 now though.

I think that the reason so many seem to have more or less quit is that there are so many sidequests to fulfill it can get kind of tiresome.

NWN

I didn't like the official campaign much. But I'm a huge fan of the game and think it has the potential to be the be-all-end-all computer RPG. I enjoy hacking the modules official or unofficial to add in new head models, nudity, new rules, items, etc. I always use the toolset to redesign the look of my armor and do my best not to touch the properties of my items (except when i need to have an item from a pen and paper campaign that's not already available).

I put a 30mb hak pak (file full of rule and model mods that can be applied to any module) on malakai's ftp server. gtsimmo also does some hacking of modules. Kato has the game and so does wombatwoo, kendan, lusankya.... just off the top of my head.

gtsimmo and malakai I'm sure would be down to get some regular play going. I would too, but I have to wait a few months... too busy training for system administration and working 2 jobs, not to mention school. :rolleyes:

I've heard penultima was pretty good, but its been awhile since I scoped the module scene. It might be better to join a persistent world and find a real DM. NWN is mediocre as hack-and-slash, but it can be awesome for actual role-playing.

-Tsintari, the sorceress-monk

Last edited:
I'm glad I did a search and found this thread. Now I don't have to start one. I have been playing in a PW called UnderDark Adventures II. Its geared toward role play and I have a good time gaming there. The problem is that due to a bug it can't be browsed on Gamespy. You have to do a direct connect at ip 65.31.168.228:5121. After that you can just go to history tab and connect from there. Your character is created and stays on the server. If you would like more info on the server they have a guild and forum by the same name here

PS. It seems you have to be a registered user to access the guilds so have id and pw ready.

Last edited:
hmm sounds interesting, what would be needed as far as a server goes (bandwidth/horsepower) ive got a spare box (800mhz p3, and i can scrounge up a good at least 384 mb or ram, might be able to make 512, dont know if i still have that much though) around and my cable is 3 mbps up and 256 kbps down

if ya wanna get a hold of me

aim whooping a panda
Y! whooping_a_panda
ICQ 145081278
mail [email protected]
and of course i accept pm's

Back