• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help. (Look inside)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You said it was a compaq right? What size is the power supply? My compaq has a really small one and I had to add one to it so I could use a video card (Now it has 2 :)). Does your compaq have onboard video? If so try removing your video card (yes I know you said it works) and enabling the onboard video to see if that will work.

you said you had an agp vid card right? well this might sound kind of stupid but here goes...i have a k7s5a mobo (yuck) and for me to put a vid card in the agp slot i have to push the card in and then push harder so it goes _all_ the way back in the agp socket. it seemed like the card was in i got no beebs oor video. so try taking your vidcard out pushing it in the the agp slot and make sure it goes _all_ the way in. i know when mines all the way in becuase the little breaks in the agp connector (dunno wat else to call them) only a fractional part of the top if visible.

disclaimer: dont yell at me if you break your mobo pushing to hard! lol

Back