• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

farm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That'd certainly help in finding the 10M digit number.

Hey crash, time to update your rank. Even I have more than 74 cpu years now.

unfortuantly ive fallen quite a few ranks alot of my cpus from aol are going down ( i think they did a upgrade) also my gf has stoped and so has one of her freinds homedepot doesnt allow me much access to any comptuers with net access let alone a cpu worth even putting it on there

im at about 330 now with 92.something years

http://mersenne.org/cgi-bin/primenet_user.pl?UserID=crash

how many boxes do you have crunching

i have

amd 1ghz
amd 1.2 ghz

2 or 3 p3' 500's ( there starting to go down)
one
p3 600
p2 400

not exactly the vast impire i once had

one thing about the ranks tough is its almost expodntialy hard to get up the ranks easy to jum from 35,000 ths to 600 but hard to go from 200 to 150

i have given thought on how to convert the 50 odd some computers in my school lab to become my army of darkness

Hmm, let's see I have...

1 P4 @ 3075
1 XP @ 1575
1 Tbird @ 1.3
1 P3 @ 1133
1 dual P2 @ 450

Now that I have a spare P4 board, I think I may "upgrade" that tbird to a Celeron 2G, just to get better GIMPS throughput.

I kinda wonder how many of those 35000 are people who clicked "Join GIMPS," but were just stress testing anyways.

yea the pentiums definetly get alot better results than the amd's

sse2 or what ever its called

woltman was talking about makeing a more optomized version for the athlon but i dont think hell do it in time

The Space Simulator Cluster is dedicated to performing computational astrophysics simulations in the Theoretical Astrophysics group (T-6) at Los Alamos National Laboratory. It is a follow-on to the Loki and Avalon clusters.

Strange that they're using Intel processors. AMDs usually tend to do better with scientific number crunching jobs. Lots of FPU-intensive stuff and the Athlon's FPU rocks the mic, even when Intel breaks out the SSE2.

Heat maybe?

Last edited:
294 multiplied by Pent 4 2.53 Ghz = 743.82 Ghz!
Man that would totally own in folding or crunching. Heck it could do both and raise in rank like the rest of us are standing still

donny_paycheck said:
Cray is building it. 10,000 Opteron CPUs.

Anyone got $90 million dollars lying around, if you do could you get me this for christmas :)

Back