• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you bend evaporators?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i am by no means an expert on phase change systems, but i would think you could bend the evaporator a little bit and it would still work. but as you bend it, your going to be changing the internal dimensions, and that will mean that its running out of its original specifications. i would think as long as the expansion valve is unaltered, then it should still work, but perhaps just not as well as it other wise would have. but dont just take my word on this. i know there are people here who have more experience with this than me :D .

you sure can just as long as you dont bend it so bad that its getting kinked. if you have to you can heat it up with a blow torch to make ti easier.

Yeah heat a pipe full of high pressure gas that turns into a poisonous gas if it meets a flame :)
If it is a low temp torch, that would work though.You shouldn't need to use a torch to bend it though.
Also what do you mean by:
evap will be immersed by the rad
Immersed by the rad?

Back