• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't Identify My Soundcard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thef0x82

Okay so my current soundcard is what Gateway originally put in there (and that's about all that's left of their parts). I know the card is a Soundblaster, but I don't know what model. It's not a Live series I know that much. Anyway is there any way to find out? Is it printed in some miniscule area on the card or will Windows tell me somewhere. I'm asking because I'm setting up a rig for my sister and I was planning on giving my sister my old card, but I need drivers for it.

should be a alphanumeric model name on there somewhere starting with CT and ending with 4 numbers I believe. This is how Creative Labs does their cards. The ones i've seen, its usually at the top of the card, on the ISA ones...it was near the slot blade...on the PCI ones...it should be pretty plain to see.

http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=29-102-141-03.jpg/29-102-141-05.jpg/29-102-141-06.jpg

Here is an example of a PCI card an the model name.

Once you have that, you can goto their website and find exactly what your sound card is by this Model Name.

lonewolf1983 said:
probably a pci128, ive seen a few machines with them in there.
Firstly is it ISA or PCI?
and a model # of the pc would be helpful...

It's a pci card. Couldn't tell you the model of the computer thought. Originally it had a P3 450 in it with a Voodoo 3 16 meg card if the technology tells you anything.

Back