• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8500 or 9000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Project86

I have a question for everyone... What is the performance difference between an ATI Radeon 8500, and a 9000? I see the 8500 non LE for $89, or the LE for $70, and the 9000 runs under $65. Which version is the best bang for the buck? This is going to my brother, who is not the hugest gamer, but he does like to play some decent games. I believe he has a mid end P4, somewhere's around 1.4-1.6 ghz. This is to be his Christmas present, since his old card just dies anyways.

Thanks!

best bang for the buck is the 8500 flat out, It will overclock higher and perform better think everyone will agree on this one

check my sig my 8500LE does the trick and overclocks very well

cisco kid

the 9000Pro closes the gap but id still get an 8500 for the extra 10 bucks

imho if youre in america run right now to best buy and get the 90$ Ti4200 128mb :)

The 9000Pro is a better deal only when the price for the 8500 is much higher or you can't afford it. This card is an OK card, I can't say its AMAZING but it pretty good, overclocks pretty well for its worth, I'm happy w/ it. But the 8500 is much faster

where did you see anything about best buy? I'll buy that now if it's true, but I checked the website, just the usual high prices.

it is true about best buy they have a geforce 4 ti 4200 128 mb but i dont think its on the website but there are only 10 per store so get out there and get it

Project86 said:
where did you see anything about best buy? I'll buy that now if it's true, but I checked the website, just the usual high prices.

It's in the newspaper, at least here in San Diego; one day only, the good price is after mail in rebate.

Other than that, to answer the question and to agree w/ everyone else, definitely 8500 no doubt.

Back