• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My fan mod!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KLowD9x

Yeh...I know its nothing special...but its pretty nice in my book.

fanfar.jpg

Its an 80...
The brand is Xinruilian? never heard of it...but its quiet and pushes a nice amount of air

the case came with a place for one...but the holes were so small that it did nothing but make the fan loud. So, I cut out the holes, and put on the grille.

Good idea, I need to do something like that with my Antec case. I've got 4 fans blowing or sucking through those small holes.

I used my dremel. You cant exactly see the cuts since I used blacktape around the edges to give it a nice looking "trim".

I need a hole saw. Then I wont have a side panel. Ill have a fan panel. :D

I have some "offical" specs now. Before, without the "mod" I was getting 45 degrees 100% load at sig. specs. using F@H. With case on, I was getting about 50-51 deg with sig. specs. using F@H. Now, with case off, with "mod"...im getting 42 100% load using [email protected] case on, im getting 45 (which was normal with case off, which is what I wanted, becuase I was tired of having the case panels off).

You might look at getting some car door molding to go around the edge of that cut. It'll look nicer than the tape and it also quiets the fan a little, since it acts like a cushion.

spazzkid said:
uhm did u do the jagged edges on purpose? :)

Umm...its tape...:eh?:

The cut is almost perfect except for a couple of little nicks. But, I didnt take a picture of the cut...just the completed.

it did more than a "bit" of improvement. Im now at 43 100% load. Its been jumping down to 42 every now and then. I wasnt even getting temps that good WITH THE CASE OFF! This is pretty cool...I can prolly overclock higher now.

Back