• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard NIC problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Serraph

Just got done assembling my first computer. AXP 1600+ and Asus A7n8x. Everything went smoothly except one thing. I can't get the internet to work on it. It has 2 onboard network cards (nvidia and 3com). Both are enabled in the bios and I've installed the nforce all-in-one drivers and the 3com ethernet drivers. My cable modem doesn't work with either one. There's no errors in the device manager or when I open up the cards' properties. Even reinstalled the drivers for both 3 or 4 times. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks.

Serraph said:
Just got done assembling my first computer. AXP 1600+ and Asus A7n8x. Everything went smoothly except one thing. I can't get the internet to work on it. It has 2 onboard network cards (nvidia and 3com). Both are enabled in the bios and I've installed the nforce all-in-one drivers and the 3com ethernet drivers. My cable modem doesn't work with either one. There's no errors in the device manager or when I open up the cards' properties. Even reinstalled the drivers for both 3 or 4 times. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks.

I know this is an old thread, but I am also having a problem with my a7n8x.With the onboard ethernet AND my realtek.Both of them don't work, and give the same problem.Something about not being able to load drivers and I am getting ****ed.

I didn't expect to see this thread ever again. :) But I found the answer on the amdforums. My problem was that since I'm not using a router my cable modem was keeping the old IP of my computer I was switching it from. Unplugging the power to it for about 5 minutes reset it so the NIC's are working now. However my problem didn't have anything to do with the board not detecting drivers so I'm not much help. Do you have a screenshot of the error?

Serraph said:
I didn't expect to see this thread ever again. :) But I found the answer on the amdforums. My problem was that since I'm not using a router my cable modem was keeping the old IP of my computer I was switching it from. Unplugging the power to it for about 5 minutes reset it so the NIC's are working now. However my problem didn't have anything to do with the board not detecting drivers so I'm not much help. Do you have a screenshot of the error?

Ok glad to see you got it fixed, I got mine fixed too.Most definately a windows 2000 problem.Even after repairing(much like reinstalling) it twice it still didn't work.So I did a fresh install in another directory and all is well.Other than the stupid temp probe not reading below 0c(one of the reasons I was loving to upgrade, eccurite ondie temps).
I hope MBM gets support for it and reports low temps.

Back