• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cry for help! With Voodoo3's...and WinXP.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

Guys Ive tried a few 3rd party drivers for My V3's but I still cant exactly run some of my games...

Can somebody point me to some WinXP drivers that will work with D3D and Opengl....
I really need to gain the use of my Voodoo3 AGP...its one of those that clocks to like 200mhz on the core and ram...
Which is sweet!....but useles Unless I find some good drivers...

I find that CA's voodoo 3 drivers work well in Win Xp for my bros Voodoo 3 3000. Im guessing you went to voodoofiles.com for your drivers right? What games dont work? and what else doesnt work?

I would also look at voodoofiles.com
My old comp runs with drivers from that page, it´s a voodoo3 2000 Apg. But like i said, try it out. And if you cant get it to work then you are more then welcome to post back.

Good luck!

i got mine ffrom voodoo files, worked fine on my voodoo 3 3000, ran most games. Good luck, let us no how they turn out!

Gusy Ive tried d/ling those voodoo driver sevral times..but they keep quiting at diff times and I end up with a cprrupt zip file that has ranged from 200k to 4meg...4meg being teh most ive been able to get d/led...Its late I will give another try tommrow....

Night...

the drivers that I have linked to HERE, I use with several of my voodoo cards, including a voodoo 3 3000, they have worked flawlessly. I never had a problem with any game yet.

whereismy386 said:
mmm...
"adventures of mighty voodoo" over! :(

:confused:

ANyway That last set of drivers is working fine.
Had a few weird errors when I installed 3dfx tools..but restarted and reinstalled the tools again and works fine now...

Hehe..I love my babies...(the V3's)....and this game I foudn called Shogo...old but very cool game..

Runs at 1024x768x16 on this p2...

Walked in to a girl and she yells back at me " Keep it in your pants till later soldier..."

Sweet! Made me crack up laughing cause it came outa no where and I had just blew away 4 gaurds before I got to her...
That and Im dating my x-girlfriends sister which I found out today was actualy alive..but under deep cover..She was ticked...But later she tellz me "Watch my azz"....I say " Always a pleasure"...she said back " You always said the sweetest things"...

SWEET!!!....Im off to play it in even higher detail...:D:burn: :cool:

Last edited:
Oh and thanks,PsycoPhreak..Those drivers are working very well...

Angry said:
Oh and thanks,PsycoPhreak..Those drivers are working very well...

No problem, Glad I could help...:D

It took me forever to find working drivers, I've installed almost every one that is out there, so i know how it feels, and seeing that the voodo line of cards can STILL hold their own, might as well keep them alive. ( all mine can play UT2003...the v5 5500's can play with everything maxed and still run great @ 1024x768! Just have to diable "projectors" in the ut2003 settings, the v3 3000 can play it fine as well, just have to lower a few more settings, actually, set everything to "normal" @ 800x600 )

As far as people saying the voodoo cards don't run anything that is new well enough, I can prove that wrong.

Of course, they don't come close to my Radeon...:D but they do still work. 3DFx was definetely ahead of their time.

Back