• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Window in cd rom

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildbilly2k

Alright i was going to cut open my cd rom today but when i opened it up to make the window cut there was a thing in there on top so does anyone know if the drive will work withour this or do i need to put it on the glass??? Does anyone have links to a site that could give me any information on this???

That's the spindle that keeps the CD-ROM pressed down onto the turntable motor. Without it you CDs will slide or wobble when they spin up.

CD-ROMs that have those built into the upper cover will not be usable for a full window mod. You'll need to make a peep-hole window or two.
That or buy a different drive...

dang im poor and i wanted to see the whole drive spin i gues i could attatch that thing to the window but i don want it to look sloppy

I wouldnt try attaching it to the window. If it wasnt at exactly the same height and in the exact same place it wouldnt work.

yeah i was just thinkin bout that but im going to try to cut out like a little target and leave it so it is still attatched but then i can still see the window spin

LOL, wtf, i had the same question about 3 months ago and know one knew a deffinate answer but captain slug comes in here on the first post and answers it. where were ya CS?

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110589&highlight=cdrw (PICS dont work)

well, i went ahead and cut it. have not had a coaster ever sense i modded it so i say go ahead with it. it was a little white plastic ting attatched to the roof of my CDRW casing. i cut through it and it turned out fine.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showt...perpage=30&highlight=modded cdrw&pagenumber=1

Starfoxer said:
LOL, wtf, i had the same question about 3 months ago and know one knew a deffinate answer but captain slug comes in here on the first post and answers it. where were ya CS?
I've modded two CD-ROMs and a DVD drive since then... :p

yeah that little thing on my dvd drive is attatched to the roof of the drive so im still making my target thing and on my cdrw i kinda dont want to void the warranty

Back