• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit KD7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RnPgrosz

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new mobo and I was thinking about the KD7. It has Vcore up to 2.35V right? I just wanted to make sure had the four motherboard mounting holes and have you guys gotten to 200 MHz+ FSB speeds? Are there any other issues I should be aware of? Thanks for the help.

Yes it has 2.35V available in the BIOS but is extremely picky with the type of memory, I need to replace my Kingmax since they can't do higher than what I have in my sig & I am resorting to multiplier overclock because it just wont go higher than that. I have checked my RAM with an Epox 8K9a+(or whatever the name of their KT400) & it does fine until 185MHz with the most aggressive timings & at CAS2.

Yes there are holes around the ZIFF Socket. Issues? The thing runs hot & Abit didnt put thermal grease under the NB really cheap of them if you ask me. The good thing is that the voltage regulation is a lot better than the past DDR boards.

Back