• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI AK75-EC Hanging

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heezer7

I have a DFI AK75-EC board based pc that has been hanging under windows 2k for ever. Curently has 1 gig sdram Micron, pinetree TNT2 vid card, 3COM NIC, XP2000 never modded or OC'ed, ... Has always hung on a mouse move. have tried multiple mouses, power supplies, ram, processors,... Also have tried AGP registry fix, all current drivers and past, disabled onboard USB and sound, Changed IRQ addresses of all things around like crazy, changes video acceleration setting, current boises. Totally out of ideas. any one have any suggestiong to make this thing work. Flies until come to a wonderful hang. Just staight freezes.

i have the same board (pretty nice too except it has very little overclocking features). i read somewhere that there was a stability issue when using more then 768MB ram.

when you were trouble shooting did you have 1GB ram in it?

did you try a different processor or try that processor in a different motherboard?

i'll look around, if i find anything i'll post links.

btw, i know it isn't a win2K issue. when that board was in my primary rig i ran win2K for about 6 months.

EDIT: i just remembered. with the default BIOS the AK-75 rev. E only supported up to the XP1900.

Back