• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help w/ Vocano 9

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unwrittenLaw

I've had one for about a month and its been working fine. I have it on the manual setting where i can control the fan speed with the little knob. Anyway, all of the sudden, the fan is going crazy, increasing and decreasing constantly. I have no idea why its doing this. I checked the connectors, cleared the bios, uninstalled cpucool (even though i didnt use it to do anything with the fan), and its still is messed up...

Any suggestions are appreciated..

Thanks

The fan is hooked up to the rheostat, and i can still control it with that, but its still is haywire. So I put the jumper on to keep it at full speed for awhile, then reconnected the rheostat, and it seemed ok. When I woke up this morning the fan speed was going up and down again..

how are your other components doing? hard drive(s), etc.
got anything to monitor voltage and the like?
fan could be faulty, controller that came with the fan might be screwed. let us know.

Everything else seems to be running fine. I don't have anything to check voltage (is there any programs that could do this?). I have a 300w power supply running an ecs k7s5a w/ xp1600, 2 hd's, radeon 9000 pro, turtle beach sound card, 1x512 crucial pc2100, dvd and cdrw. No extra case fans or anything. I shut it down for awhile and it seems ok now, its not fluctuating, but it might go haywire again...I don't know if the rheostat is bad because i can still control the fan speed with it, so i'm not sure. After the first time I thought i fixed it, i re-installed cpucool, then it went haywire, so i un-installed it again and re-booted, and it seems ok..could this program be causing these problems, or is it hardware related? I bought it from on online vendor so can i RMA it or will they tell me to call Thermaltake if I need to replace it.

Thanks for the help..

Back