• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the epox boards are great OC'ers vcore from 1.4-2.2V, vdimm 2.5-3.2V, FSB up to 255

newegg has a deal on the 8k3a+(refurbished-$50), it is great OC board, has sound and RAID, if you want all the feautres step up to a 8k5a2+(sound, raid, lan, 2.0 usb) even new it's under $100

or you step up to the KT400 chipset.

depends on what you want to do with the board.

Form factor is a issue. What form factor does the compaq support. The one im fixing for my sis is micro ATX. Do a search on newegg for micro atx as I think that is the only form factor compaq ever supported.

Epox 8RDA+ is a good board. The previously thought that it does not have PCI lock was proven FALSE. It does not have those RAID feature etc blah but for $118 @ newegg.com and get the latest mobo with everything Epox offer, it is a great bargin.

sysfailur from maximumoc.com says

The locked PCI question was answered. It is. Someone hooked up a frequency reader to an NF2 and tested diff. FSB speeds and it stayed locked @ 33mhz.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?postid=62284#post62284

Tismedt said:
Form factor is a issue. What form factor does the compaq support. The one im fixing for my sis is micro ATX. Do a search on newegg for micro atx as I think that is the only form factor compaq ever supported.

Thats the point I was going to bring up as well. I doubt a standard ATX mobo would fit in your Compaq case. The Compaq case probably has mounting holes in different areas. I would recommend getting a new case and just transferring your old stuff into there. You're also going to need a new HSF because I don't think you'll want to use the stock HSF, especially if your overclocking. For an Epox board my choice would be an 8RDA+ or 8K3A+. Both good boards. While your at it you may want to get some new DDR that will be able to run faster.

Back