• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Cohesive Air Cooling/Hoot Chute Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
W

William

Ok hoot, I am going to take the plunge and do this, but what heatsink should I use for it. I know you used the 462A but I am doing this on a Socket 370. I know its total overkill for a celey, but it will be the basis for my next system which is probably going to be an AMD. I am thinking the SK-6 but are there any others that you would use for the 370?

I am open to suggestions, just asking hoot cause he has actually done it. My thoughts are that surface area is king, and the SK-6 has some kickin surface area.

I love the SK-6, but only from a distance, as I don't have one yet. I like the design concept of many thin fins. I'd say go with that. If you cut out the case cover to align with your 370, make sure that same spot will be where your 460 eventually will reside.

Hoot

wow, thanks for the quick reply. Well I am running a cheap case so I can do whatever I want pretty much. I am also going to try to work out ducting the blower so it can sit somewhere else. I don't mind noise too much as I have another comp with a delta and as long as it isn't too bad, i am willing to have it run faster and be louder. Thanks again!

Back