• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black Friday: Please explain

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
friday after thanksgiving (in the US) the biggest shopping day of the year. Today is it!

Well, I'm from the UK and Its kinda annoying that you (mainland Americans) get the big sales BEFORE christmas- over on this side of the atlantic we have to wait till at least Boxing day (Dec 26th) or New Years for the dirt cheap sales.

The reason that it is called black Friday is because it is usually the day that retail stores determine if they are going to make a profit for the year hence be in the black or whether they are going to be in the red. A good majority of shopping is done between the Friday after Thanksgiving and Christmas

If u are a regular reader of Anand's Hot Deals forum u will realize that its not a one day only deal for those items. Actually if yiour not getting paid to buy CDrs then ur getting ripped off ;)

Bestbuy had an amazing deal on a rig on friday. I'll see if i can remember specs:
Celly 2.0ghz
40 or 60 gig hd
cd-rw 48x20x40
dvdrom
case
some crappy vid card
other stuff

All for 300 bucks
if you wanted a 15" lcd with it, only 200 buck more

Penguin4x4 said:

The malls turn into mini-Rodney King Riots. Fun to watch from a distance, actually...

seriously

The Galleria here opened up at 1a.m. Friday morning. I didn't really want to go, but my brother and a friend wanted to go and I didn't have anything better to do. It was like a madhouse, we went in one store, saw that it was like a one hour wait to buy some clothes, turned around and walked out.

nuts...I missed it...
But I got a $15 256MB PC-133 RAM and $80 ATI Radeon9000Pro 128MB at Fry's on Saturday.

(After rebate.)

PS. Changed my sig + avatar! ^_^
Looks nice?

Back