• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

maybe I got S.N.D.S ....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asw7576

Just recently my hard working P4nw 1.8A @ 2610GHz @1.70V is getting difficulties to run stable at 2610Ghz (145fsb). It often get BSOD and sometimes it doesn't boot at all.....

I have to run at 135fsb now with 1.70V. Temperatures is normal 43C idle and 57C max. loads. Anyone has similar experience? Gofastman and I are victims from Need of Speed..... he...he....

I would look at your MB. When I got back into Intel last spring I got an MSI 845 Ultra ARU and it ran great at first. My 1.6A would run 150 without problem after a few weeks it became unstable and I kept having to lower the speed. Would be stable for a while and then wasn't stable anymore. Finally wound up at 133. I replaced that board with an Asus P2B266-C and I could overclock back to 150 again. Actually I can go to 166 but my ram craps out there. So now after 8+months I am still running my 1.6 @ 2.4Ghz without a hitch.

Moral of the story. The same chip in two different mobo's, in the first the OC degraded as if the chip was dieing but in the second it has been an excellent oc'er for over 8 months without any stability issues.

I don't know what your system specs are so this is just a little story of personal experience and a shot in the dark.

you know over time dust can increase temps... 57C is quite alot of heat.. Try cleaning your cooler.. how long have it been stable at 2610MHz before the problem?? Maybe you board is flaking out...

i'm sure his chip is dead. i was running my chip at 1.85v @ 2600 for 2 months and now it's gone. same problem as you described. bsod.

Back