• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asylum Geforce 4 ti 4200 128mb---not bad!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
13213.jpg

:D

Did you get those speeds with stock cooling? I noticed that the video card didn't come with RAMsinks, which dissapointed me. I haven't tried to oc the memory much because of this fact. I'm thinking about cutting up some Thermaltake Heatsinks and slappin them onto the memory chips, and after that is done I will attempt to overclock the memory.

Stock cooling :D

I didn't see any artifacts at all, but I did see black streaks across the screen couple times every 3 seconds when the ram is @ 588. If I set the ram @ 587, it runs perfectly.

I do have a side case fan blowing on it though:

vidfan.jpg

And I'm making some final touches to my new pci blower:

pciblower.jpg

:D :D :D

how did you attach the fan like that? I want to do the same to my card but the way i had it was somewhat dangerous.

shill82 said:
how did you attach the fan like that? I want to do the same to my card but the way i had it was somewhat dangerous.

My dad used a Jigsaw to cut the 80mm hole. He also cut 4 holes for the screws to screw into.

The problem I had was that the fan was pulling the card down to about a 30 degree angle.

Couple of applications of epoxy solved that :D

OMG..... 13,200+ ????

Is this your recipe?
P4 1.8a at 2.615 with Thermaltake Volcano 7+
Asus p4s533
Corsair pc3200 cas2.5 @DDR 435 cas2-4-4-7-2T 4:6 divider 2.7vdimm
What is GPU and VGA memory speed use?

I will set the memory timings similar to yours maannn... I've been in the dark with 11,550 and still trying.

This is the settings I used:
1.8a @ 2.615 with 1.65 vcore
Asus P4S533
Corsair PC-3200 cas2.5 @ DDR 435: 2-3-3-6-2
Vid card o/c: 313/582

OMG..... 13,200+ ????

Corsair PC-3200 cas2.5 @ DDR 435: 2-3-3-6-2

DDR 435 ??? are you running your memory with 4:6 divider? if you could run at 435...... OMG again!!!! this is very high bandwidth dude..... No wonder I cannot get even close to 12,000.

Anyway, thanks for the idea running the memory timings at 2-3-3-6-2. Almost another 100 points FREE.

Re: OMG..... 13,200+ ????

asw7576 said:

DDR 435 ??? are you running your memory with 4:6 divider? if you could run at 435...... OMG again!!!! this is very high bandwidth dude..... No wonder I cannot get even close to 12,000.

Anyway, thanks for the idea running the memory timings at 2-3-3-6-2. Almost another 100 points FREE.

Thanks for your compliments.

My ram can actually do DDR 460, but its either my cpu or motherboard holding me back.

It can do DDR 450+ when I have the fsb set at 115-120 with the 3:6 divider, but it doesn't do DDR 450+ when I'm at 145 fsb +.

I bought the BFG Asylum GeForce4 Ti4200 card at Best Buy this last Friday. Not a bad card for $90 after rebate, however:
1.) No RAM sinks - not TOO big a deal, I would rather put them on myself.
2.) Heatsink is stuck to the core with epoxy. It is a cheap blue orb that is not even a one-piece construction - it is actually the round base with the circular fin piece attached with what looks like three strips of metal sandwhiched into the gap between the base edge and the inside edge of the fin piece. The epoxy was applied to one 5/8 of the chip, at most 3/4 and was not centered (it was more toward the lower right hand corner of the core). Because of this I could see light under the heatsink, so I took it off - I've got a Thermaltake GeForce 4 copper cooler on the way that I am going to put on along with the RAM sinks.

Hmm, so after a little tussle with BestBuy, they offered to give me a PNY 4400 128 in a straight exchange for my BFG 4200 128. And they gave me the MIR upfront so I don't have to wait for it.

Did I make the right choice?

nihili

Back