• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI6337LE5 and tualatin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

berko

I have a 1.1A Tualatin chugging along at 133 fsb no problems.Did not move any jumpers just adjusted in bios.Trying to go higher but computer locks up and alarm sounds if I try to increase core voltage.Bios reports cpu temp of 50+ degrees but sisoft sandra says 30 degrees,heatsink is not even warm.Are these problems addressed in bios updates?How do I calculate what fsb speed to use before I throw my pci/agp too far out of spec?How to adjust ram settings?I am using Kingmax PC150 is that ok.Thank you.

As for increasing the voltage, If it is too high the computer will not turn on, leave it at a lower voltage unless unstable. That board is picky, Also I dont think youll get much past 133 fsb

Update your bios if you dont have 7.3 or7.4

PC 150 is just fine

Heh, the story continues ....

To get a higher fsb you first need to do the wire trick (Vid1 to Vid2) in order to get 1.67v. This would be enough for a 140-150fsb.
Don't worry too much about the temperature, this board really shows a high temp, I got 60C sometimes.
After you do the wire trick increase the Vio from bios to 3.5 for better chipset stability.
Also enable cpu l2 cache ecc checking.

The board is nice,I never had prbs with it.
Oh and if you go over 133 select CAS3 for your memory.

atention!
Your cpu won't post over 133fsb even if you increase the voltage from bios.You have to wire those pins to get a default 1.67v.

for more details about it read the intel stickies in this forum.
It's very easy.

Good luck

Back