• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good place to buy a 2800+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eliteoneXP

Newegg will only sell them with an MSI or asus mobo (i want an epox nforce2) so is there any other reliable place that sells them?

newegg DOES sell them, and they have been doing so for more than a month. only problem is that they require you buy

1) crap mobo with it
2) crap cpu cooler

don't buy your 2800 from newegg. its worth it to have nforce on your mobo.

Get the 2000+ its much cheaper. I dont think the 2800+ exists and besides it cost 5x more than the 2000+ for a small % in performance. Just get watercooling and OC the sucka!

The 2800+ most certainly does exist. As a matter of fact the 2800+ and the 2700+ are the first XP models to feature a 333 FSB rather than a 266 FSB. They are the new Tbred-B Cores also. The Tbred-B core is different because it features an additional layer making it easier to crack the core during installation (thanks AMD hehe). It is actually cheaper to manufacture I heard though. I'd love to get my hands on one. I haven't seen just them for sale n e way yet though (other than newegg with that crap Mobo).

Back