• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600 Amd xp@333mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-Nite-

Registered
I have been thinking about this for awhile..On the AMD site i dont see anything about the 2600xp chip having a 333mhz fsb..Yet on NEweggs and a few other dealer sites they are selling them..So i guess what i am asking does it have a 333mhz fsb , or 266? Or is there 2 versions of this chip?
thanks in advance :D

amd is putting out two versions one at 266 and one at 333. pretty good idea if you ask me. spanning the market. makes sence money wise. i ordered my retail box 2600+ from newegg yesterday. it's in fedex hands as we speek, should get hear monday since fedex dosn't deliver on sun.:(

Humm thats kinda neat..i'll save myself ruffly 50 bucks if i get that in favor of the 2700..thanks for the info :D

pluss if you are going to overclock it, it should top out around the same as an overcloked 2700+ since they are the same core desighn!

good luck!:beer:

I have a 333 FSB 2600+

I am currently using a 333 FSB 2600+ CPU in a Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum MB. It runs fine at stock voltage etc. with a 170 FSB (which is synched with my corsair ram). I am going to ramp up the voltage and FSB speeds in the next day or two as soon as I get around to replacing the heatsink with my new Cooler Master HHC-001 with heatpipes heat sink. I'm betting I can get it up pretty close to 180 FSB (I've seen a report on one clocked to 195 FSB with air cooling). I'll let you know. However, I advise getting the 2600+ with a 333 FSB rather than the 266. It is easily OC'd on a KT333 board to 2700+ specs. :burn:

Once fully unlocked you can do whatever you like with one - so it doesn't make much difference what it's sold as.... just my 2 cents.

TC said:
Once fully unlocked you can do whatever you like with one - so it doesn't make much difference what it's sold as.... just my 2 cents.

That'd be my opinion too. I assume everything would be the same if they were unlocked - all you'd do is drop the multiplier, up the fsb to 166 and it'd be a ordinary 333 chip while maintaining those stock speeds and it still has room to go ;)

TC said:

The question is, how do you fully unlock the 2600+? It comes with the 12.5 and below multipliers available. But I've yet to find how to make all of the 13 and above multipliers available. I see on the "interactive guide" in this forum what should, in theory at least, set the multipliers to 14 or 15, etc.. But not how to release all of the 13 and above multipliers so I can choose which one I want in the BIOS. :burn:

Sounds like a plan then..All i need to do is figure out how to unlock after i buy one lol...
I was planing on getting a asus nForce2 board for this chip..but after looking at some of the pic's on this mother board i am not sure what would be a good heat sink to mount..It seems to be a tight fit ..For the time being air cooling is what i am looking for, what do you guys/gals recommend for a good heat sink?I do plan on OC'ing this chip and board..I was thinking a VOLCANO 9 or something long them lines.Anyhow thanks for the great input guys/gals been a big help...:D

LawyerLynn said:

The question is, how do you fully unlock the 2600+? It comes with the 12.5 and below multipliers available. But I've yet to find how to make all of the 13 and above multipliers available. I see on the "interactive guide" in this forum what should, in theory at least, set the multipliers to 14 or 15, etc.. But not how to release all of the 13 and above multipliers so I can choose which one I want in the BIOS. :burn:
I'm not sure why you would want the higher multipliers - the best overclock is to lower the multiplier and go for higher bus speeds. Of course if you have an older board and/or ram then that's understandable.

TC said:
I'm not sure why you would want the higher multipliers - the best overclock is to lower the multiplier and go for higher bus speeds.

I agree. My problem is that when I set my FSB above 170 or so I start to risk FSB/PCI bus ratio problems that could lead to data loss and/or cause a bad read/write operation on my Hard Drives due to the overclocked PCI bus "confusing" the disk cache. My MB won't let me control that ratio setting, its automatically adjusted for me. Therefore, my thought is to use the 170 FSB so I don't have the ratio issue and up the multiplier to get a balance of improved CPU and bus speed:burn:

Back