• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

100% overclock [email protected] GHZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TASOS

Simply a must have cpu.

1.8A SL6LA C1 stepping OEM

Long story...short
Taken out of a Dell computer (one of the 1st ones that arrived here in Athens Greece).
It would be a pitty to waste such a cpu...just for opening mails and working with office (it was well replaced with a normal b0 stepping)

The rest of my components remain the same
Asus P4B533-E 1011 bios with H/T
Corsair XMS PC-3000C2 v2.1
Using Prometeia cooling

I have problem with my pics...can somebody help.

When i resize them...it'a a mess...they look horrible

OMG, Congratulations TASOS!!!!!, PM me, and I will hot the bigger pictures for you if you want, you can email them to me, and I can put them up so you can post them here. Things like this is what is going to drive me to buy a dell system. I should be getting my prometia topless next week.

Buzzdog

Please more INFO and tests

Thanks Buzzdog

I only have this cpu for a couple of hours...so i'm still testing for stability.

I'll post more info soon

TASOS said:
Thanks Buzzdog

I only have this cpu for a couple of hours...so i'm still testing for stability.

I'll post more info soon

nice tasos....

keep us updated.

mica

Man!!!!!!! I remember back when people were overclocking 1.6Ghz to 2.4GHz with water cooling and alot of people got 2133MHz with air cooling! Are you using cyrogenics or liquid nitrogen? What kind of exotic motherboard do you have that runs 200fsb or are you using an extrnal PLL controller which manipliates the pci, agp and ram dividers which the mobo lack!
Looks like you set a world record! I heard one got a 2GHz to 3.2GHz but yours takes the cake!

Overclocker456 said:
actually the world record is 4.8GHz.. of course it was overclocked by Intel and they used LN2... but it still counts...

I dont count that. Intel themselves dont qualify. Thats like saying
whoever makes cars set a world record on their own car. Intel probably hand selected that particular cpu out of 50,000. If I could try all 50,000 cpus using LN I could get half of them to 3GHz and probably one to 5GHz

Overclocker550 said:

I dont count that. Intel themselves dont qualify. Thats like saying
whoever makes cars set a world record on their own car. Intel probably hand selected that particular cpu out of 50,000. If I could try all 50,000 cpus using LN I could get half of them to 3GHz and probably one to 5GHz

It's a difference of opinion. Just because intel makes the cpu's doesn't mean they can't overclock them to the best of there ability. Sure it was hand picked.. and why not.. a world record is a world record. Period. Just because it was hand picked don't mean anything.. That's like saying just because a friend of mine tried out 10 cpus and gave me the one the overclocks the most then I used LN2 to take to extreme MHz it shouldn't count... that's nuts..

FANTASTIC, TASOS;

I hope you can arange to keep that chip!

I notice that
Using Prometeia cooling

If possible, can you test your chip with a stock Intel heatsink?

With that setup I was only able to get my rig to a little over 3.0GHz with any sort of stability. http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141923

formosian got his OMG chip to 3.4GHz - 3.5GHz with an argessive Hearsink and Fan. :cool:

Now you have achieved 3.6GHz (and maybe higher by now) with the Prometeia cooling!

We all seem to be using the same RAM (more-or-less).

It would be nice to start establishing the upper and lower limits for this C1 CPU.
It's bound to hit the streets sooner or later (as a chip, not just as a Dell computer), so lets see if we can garner more info for everyone else!

Again, fantastic overclock!
Congratulations on your achievement! :beer:

jdmcnudgent said:
nice. so this is from a work computer?? why not switch it out and keep it for yourself??

I already did that.
I bought them a brand new 1.8A for replacement.

Overclocker550 said:
Are you using cyrogenics or liquid nitrogen? What kind of exotic motherboard do you have that runs 200fsb or are you using an extrnal PLL controller which manipliates the pci, agp and ram dividers which the mobo lack!
Looks like you set a world record! I heard one got a 2GHz to 3.2GHz but yours takes the cake!

As you can see in my sign...I use the Prometeia for cooling.
and my mobo is the same as always....Asus P4B533-E
Nothing exotic about it...not even modded

Overclocker456 said:
actually the world record is 4.8GHz.. of course it was overclocked by Intel and they used LN2... but it still counts...

I really dont care about WR and who did it.

But also O/C using LN doesnt count for me....(for many reasons)
I'd like to inform me though....what is the highest 1.8A o/c ....even with LN

Back