• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with getting my comp setup on my TV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

]-[itman

Hey everyone, I own a GF4 with S-Video out and I recently decided to hook it up to my TV. It worked ok and I'm working off it now, but I'm hoping to optimize it. I have a few questions, and if anyone knows the answers, I'd appreciate a reply. Anyway, I own a 35" stereo TV and I noticed that all the drivers lately output at a minimal 800x600, but I thought TV's do 640x480? If they do, is there any way to fix this and get my video card to output at 640x480? I'd also like to know if there's any way to make the text sharper, it's readable, but kind of blurry. All the games look great, but I'd also like to get through windows without straining my eyes. If anyone also has any tips/tricks, I'd really like to hear those too. Thanks.

-]-[itman

Well here it is. First off, no matter what you do with "your" setup the text will not be clear. A TV is just not built to display text that small. Second, on my GeForceMX440 the TV options are in the control panel. (if it was working i would walk u through it right now) They are in the advanced tab some where, not the same place where you change you desktop resolution. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help, I knew the text wouldn't be clear, but it was really, really blurry(I switched drivers which helped a lot). Also, do you know where the TV options are in WindowsXP? I looked around in the control panel, but couldn't find them, maybe I'm just blind...?

Oh, but one serious problem I'm having is that any games displayed using D3D show some serious artifacts, but opengl games are perfect. I have no idea what is wrong, but I'm going to play around with the settings to see if I can figure it out. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Well my system is down but I have the same card and am running XP, it will be up next weekend. I wil look for this thread if no one has helped yet mabey I can do more. As for the options, i think you go into control panel, display, advanced, monitor(or adaptor), look for something to do with TV settings in here.

set your monitor output at 60Hz (this is a normal tv frequency) and the same resolution as your TV does (800x600 should be just fine). hope this helps.

in the older 30 seriese drivers you could go to nview and once you are in NTSC mode for the youre tv. you can right click on the little tv in the middle of the nview screene and select screene adjustment and ther is a "adjust flicker rate" option. this will help alittle. also adjusting you font size alittle bigger will also help. but that is about the best you will do on a regular tv. if you are going to use a tv for windows aps you need a high definition tv and they are pretty exspensive right now. but a regular tv is grate for games just not text.

Back