• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SEcond time question, 0.0 readings, Pictures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leathersmt

why , does no one answer this please, is it that unusual of a question? I hope I have not offended anyone here.........

I downloaded MBM5 and I am running it, but when I have the ASUS Probe on too, the probe starts with this alarm, that the CPU fan is failing, I have the sidecase off, I can stick my hand over the areas where the fan air is comiong out, and I can detect NO decernable loss of gain of power during the alarm. What I just noticed, is that while this is going on, that the mbm5 is detecting a drop in my core 1 to 0 my +3.3 registers 0 my +5 registers 0 and my +12. registered 11.13 etc, the others where all there more or less the same but what is that 0 about?? anyone have any idea why it would be showing a zero on the volatages?? UPDATE< see the voltages above the 0, it reads 0.69 what is happening to my computer? is it the PSU or is it the MB?

SEE PICTURE WHERE RED LINE IS< this is after I rebooted and it had locked up, also there where 3 0's this is just one>
http://www.leathersbymaryterry.com/tempsnov02-1.jpg
UPDATED, HERE IS ANOTHER ONE, ANY IDEA WHAT THESE READINGS MEAN?? http://www.leathersbymaryterry.com/tempsnov022.jpg

ure average volts look fine... my guess about the cpu fan is ther either the rpm sensor is going out or you have a fan with no rpm sensor on ure hs

why are the 0 degrees showing up on the mbm5? any ideas there ? and thank you very much for answering, I had been waitng all day for an answer on the other thead....

Last edited:
Have you setup mbm to your rig ie sensor 1 reads diode1 etc? If you dont tell mbm which sensor to read it wont read! Same thing with fan rpm. MBM does not atuomatically read the proper sensors.

Maybe I am not making my question clear here. I am not worried about the fans sensors, and have no idea how to get them working.
What I am asking about , is the underlined in RED readings that show 0 .............isnt that a wierd reading anybody??

leathersmt said:
Maybe I am not making my question clear here. I am not worried about the fans sensors, and have no idea how to get them working.
What I am asking about , is the underlined in RED readings that show 0 .............isnt that a wierd reading anybody??

i find that mbm can't detect fan speed sensors with crap. i haven't been able to get one to ever work on it...

anyway, have you tried using a different psu? what kind of psu are you using and how mant watts? it could be some sort of power issue... are you getting hard lockups or anything like that? if not, it's a sensor issue i would say.

sorry I should have thought to post that

NEW antec true power 430 in a new antec case.and I am getting lock ups, and program failures, where if I have 5-6 windows open it gets wierd, and slows down or stops running. Could this be the motherbaord?power supply....I am at a short stop on calling asus or who??

Last edited:
Re: sorry I should have thought to post that

leathersmt said:
if I have 5-6 windows open it gets wierd, and slows down or stops running. Could this be the motherbaord?

Could be MOBO. But I think it's bad memory. :)

brand new 2700 memory corsair, two stcks out of the same lot number.and everything else has been bought within the last 6-8 months and is all brand new stuff.

ok. I actually changed back to 2100 samsung memory

two sticks, samsung, 512 memory, now, what do you think of the readings now? I thought, if I am going to try a change, why not a different , the other two sticks where corsiar 2700 two of thge same lot, and 512mb
????
I m thinking it is the motherboard, any way to check this out?
Or is it the powersupply?
Brand new PSU 430Antec
http://www.leathersbymaryterry.com/tempsdec021.jpg

I'll go look, but I think I will download the latest version first and
make sure I have the latest. gopod idea. thank you.

HERE SORRY LINKED FIXED

Last edited:
going to do that now

going to look now, but I will download the latest before I do, just in case. thank you for the idea

NO this is funny..........

UPDATE, SPOKE TOO SOON, VOLTAGES STILL DROPPING WITH TWO STICKS IN.....could one be bad, will check in tomorow

two things, I reinstalled the corsair 2700 and the voltages are staying constant now>???? Could I have got them in loose, and that was the cause??
the other thing, is that I tested in Sandra one stick and the two sticks, and both the tests came out almost the same, 2500 on one stick and 2513 on the two together>>>> my Wife is tired and wants to get home, I will post the pics later. Thank you all for your help.

leathersmt said:
NO this is funny..........

UPDATE, SPOKE TOO SOON, VOLTAGES STILL DROPPING WITH TWO STICKS IN.....could one be bad, will check in tomorow

two things, I reinstalled the corsair 2700 and the voltages are staying constant now>???? Could I have got them in loose, and that was the cause??
the other thing, is that I tested in Sandra one stick and the two sticks, and both the tests came out almost the same, 2500 on one stick and 2513 on the two together>>>> my Wife is tired and wants to get home, I will post the pics later. Thank you all for your help.

that's good that you are actually getting higher scores with the 2 sticks. i get slightly lower scores with 2 sticks of my ddr 2100. :rolleyes: oh well... i think we'll be okay here. they have a thin candy shell... i'm surprised you didn't know that.

LOL, Im a newbie to this stuff

that is why I didnt know, and also why I probably had the sticks in loose, as I have gone fragging and the power has not been going to 0 like it was before. In fact, all of them are very close to where they should be, except for the 12 - and 12 + lines are showing 11.19 for the plus and 11.75 for the minus readings. does this mean it is probably the power supply now, or is it still the memory sticks??
thank you.

Re: LOL, Im a newbie to this stuff

leathersmt said:
that is why I didnt know, and also why I probably had the sticks in loose, as I have gone fragging and the power has not been going to 0 like it was before. In fact, all of them are very close to where they should be, except for the 12 - and 12 + lines are showing 11.19 for the plus and 11.75 for the minus readings. does this mean it is probably the power supply now, or is it still the memory sticks??
thank you.

it sounds like whatever you did fixed it... i would just sit back and pray that it stays fixed :) i don't think it's uncommon for the 12v lines to drop that low/high. my -12v goes up to -11.16 all the time. i would tell you what my +12v is but mbm doesn't feel like displaying it :(

Back